1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Locals: Kansas City, MO

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Doug Brott, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    DMA: Kansas City, MO
    Established: 4/19/2006

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Godfather

Jul 23, 2007
    NW Iowa
    This is effecting the HD Directv feeds of all KC network locals.

This has been occurring more and more frequently in the last week.

Issue: the HD network feeds appear to be low quality, and have a lower framerate. Examples: Watching Letterman last night, which normally has the smooth video look, it looked as if it were a cheap video, almost looked as if it were on cheap film. Appears to be slightly jerky - not huge, just enough that it's not smooth. Turning to the SD feed, and everything looks normal. Also, tuning into the OTA HD feed, and it also looks normal. So only effecting the HD Satellite feed local.

Occurring on all 4 networks. Still seeing this effect this morning. Have been seeing it on and off for at least a week.

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    PBS - KCPT (19) added to the lineup

4. Terry K

Terry K Legend

Sep 13, 2006
    KCPT-19/HD No Picture, but audio, SD version is just fine.

5. Jun 2, 2009 #5 of 13
    volkl

volkl Legend

Jun 17, 2007
    Had the same problem, but just noticed that they have fixed it.

6. Terry K

Terry K Legend

Sep 13, 2006
    KMBC HD has mysteriously disappeared, completely. Not in my guide, and I'm stuck with the lousy center-cut SD feed.

7. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    ABC-9 KMBC reception is real bad today during the TT and Missouri game. I have noticed some pixilation on recorded CBS programming. More than once I have had to go to OTA for a watchable picture.

8. cking2

cking2 Cool Member

Sep 28, 2003
    Having a problems with KC locals SD channels 5,4 and 41, but not 9. Anyone else out there with this problem? Directv CS says nothing wrong on their end:)

Thanks,

Rick

9. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    KSHB Channel 41 had bad breakups during the first 15 minutes of so of the Chiefs/Steelers game on Nov 27. It then cleared up for the remainder of the game.

10. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    KCTV Channel 5 CBS Kansas City is unwatchable tonight. Good thing I can get it OTA for the Denver/NE game. This has been an intermittent problem with my locals.

11. jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo Cool Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Kansas City
    All Kansas City HD locals have been very poor quality for at least the last week. Did DTV change the compression it uses on them? Or is there a satellite problem? Or???

12. frankbz

frankbz New Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Sunbeam Pulled WSVN (Miami) and WHDH/ WLVI (Boston) Off Of DIRECTV, any update of when the boston channels will be back?

13. augisdad

augisdad AllStar

Sep 29, 2011
    KC area
    Was not going to be home during the Chiefs broadcast 12-3 CST Sunday, so decied to record it on HR-34. The entire broadcast was like I was watching it OTA and the signal was not strong enough. Picture would stutter for about 5-10 secs then catch up to show maybe 10 secs before stuttering again. Did not happen on comercials. Not that the game was worth my time anyway...so maybe was a blessing in disguise.