1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Locals: Knoxville, TN

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Doug Brott, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    DMA: Knoxville, TN
    Established: 1/23/2008

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Added PBS - WKOP (15) to the lineup

3. CraigT1

CraigT1 AllStar

Feb 18, 2008
    I have seen a lot of black for a few seconds(HR20-100) on ABC, CBS and NBC but it also shows up on my old Samsung SD DVR. I tried an RCA HDTV rabbit ears the other day connected directly to the TV and see the same issue(sporadic loss of both A and V for a few seconds) on the digital channels. Then I used the TV's signal level monitor and watched it frequently change from 3 down to 0. I'm only about 6-7 miles from the antennas but my reception is pretty poor(analog unwatchable) but since using DirecTV is also having a lot of problems too I thought it might be relevant. It appears all three network stations around here are having problems with the digital transition.

Craig

4. Wildcat

Wildcat Legend

Oct 3, 2006
    WATE has been having a LOT of issues lately. I'm guessing it's on the WATE end rather than DirecTv's because the signal seems fine OTA...and the other locals are all fine on DirecTv.

5. jacksg35c

jacksg35c Cool Member

Feb 20, 2003
    why can't albuquerque nm get local pbs station in hd? the local pbs folks say it is a "carriage" isssue. since pbs is a free station why doesn't direct tv carry it in hd?

6. vfr781rider

vfr781rider Legend

Jan 14, 2007
    Gladeville, TN
    Does anyone know if the HD spotbeam for Knoxville is receivable in Nashville or Tri-Cities?