1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Locals: Portland, OR

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Doug Brott, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    DMA: Portland, OR
    Established: 9/13/2006

2. cdizzy

cdizzy Icon

Jul 29, 2007
    Well I'll give it a shot.

Channel(s) affected - NBC(KGW ch. 8)
    Date - 8/26/08
    Time - 8:30pm pacific
    Description of Issue - Audio was ahead of video by at least a full second while watching America's got Talent. The problem went away after about 10 or 15 minutes.

3. Dec 7, 2008 #3 of 30
    cdizzy

cdizzy Icon

Jul 29, 2007
    Channel(s) affected - CW(KRCW ch. 32)
    Date - Everyday
    Time - Happens about every 10-15 minutes
    Description of Issue - Audio cracks and/or stutters while watching live TV. Doesn't matter what show your watching. I noticed this about a month ago but I forgot to report it because I don't watch that channel very often.

4. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Added PBS - KOPB (10) to the lineup

5. Miggity

Miggity AllStar

Aug 10, 2007
    I saw that there was a thread started and closed on this topic with no posts so I need to start it again.

I've had DirecTV since October and I have always had a sound problem with channel CW 32. Every few seconds there is a sound glitch. The audio glitches and cuts out. My AV receiver loses the signal for a second from the HR22.

Since someone else had this same problem and it only happens on this channel I've concluded its not me but this channel here in Portland.

Anyone else still noticing this same thing? It makes CW impossible to watch, which sucks because they show some decent reruns.

6. marvod

marvod AllStar

Dec 24, 2006
    I get the noise as well. Kinda like a digital noise sound. It was so bad I no longer record anything on 32. I have an antenna and record form 32-1.

7. Miggity

Miggity AllStar

Aug 10, 2007
    Whats a good contact email/phone number for DirecTV to report and complain about this?

8. skihoodoo

skihoodoo AllStar

Oct 17, 2008
    i am in an area not affected by snow but i have lost channel 2 (KATU HD) this morning see picture below to see what i get :confused:

Attached Files:

9. marcmec

marcmec Legend

Sep 19, 2007
    I too experience this problem. Only the HD feed does it. The SD version of the channel shows no such artifacts.

10. marcmec

marcmec Legend

Sep 19, 2007
    Marv, do you see the same anomalies on each type of receiver that you have?

11. stansher

stansher Mentor

Apr 29, 2006
    I have 3 HD receivers and have this problem on all. It has been like this since we got 32 in HD. It is almost unwatchable.

12. marvod

marvod AllStar

Dec 24, 2006
    Yes I do. 3 HR20 and 1 HR21.

13. morgantown

morgantown Icon

Nov 15, 2005
  14. Miggity

Miggity AllStar

Aug 10, 2007
    I got that same KATU message.

Also been having the same CW 32 HD problem...

Channel(s) affected - CW(KRCW ch. 32)
    Date - 24/7
    Time - Every 60 seconds
    Description of Issue - Audio cracks and/or stutters while watching live TV. Doesn't matter what show your watching. Makes watching this channel borderline impossible.

15. hijump245

hijump245 Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    I'm having the same problem with CW 32. I almost totally refuse to watch the HD channel due to this issue. I have this problem with sun, rain, snow, or anything else. No other channel has anything remotely like this for me.

16. hijump245

hijump245 Cool Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Same problem with my CW 32 in HD. I posted this in that local HD thread also.

17. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    This channel is unwatchable. Good thing is there's nothing on there I really need to watch.

18. Boleyc

Boleyc Legend

Mar 5, 2007
    I just wanted to concur that the CW is nearly unwatchable for me as well:

Channel(s) affected - CW (KRCW ch. 32)
    Date - Everyday
    Time - Happens about every couple minutes
    Description of Issue - Audio cracks and/or stutters while watching live TV, along with pixelization of the video. Happens for all programs on this station.

19. Boleyc

Boleyc Legend

Mar 5, 2007
    I am seeing the same issue and I also posted in the local HD issues thread.

20. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Added ION - KPXG (22) to the lineup