1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Locals: Richmond-Petersburg, VA

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Doug Brott, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    DMA: Richmond-Petersburg, VA
    Established: 9/17/2008

2. VAman

VAman AllStar

Jul 9, 2007
    For the past several nights WRLH has had macroblocking and pixelation problems occuring on a fairly regular basis.

3. Rakul

Rakul Slacker

Sep 3, 2007
    I have had this same problem with WRLH, when I switch to the OTA feed no problems at all. I saw it on House, Bones and Fringe last week.

4. VAman

VAman AllStar

Jul 9, 2007
    For the last 24 hours or so, WRLH's signal has been clean and stable for me, hopefully they have resolved their problems.

5. mpar1

mpar1 AllStar

Mar 20, 2008
    The past 2 Saturdays, the SEC game has been unwatchable on WTVR-6. It looks fine via Comcast. And the SD feed is fine on D*. I hope this is resolved before tonight's LSU-Florida game.

6. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    WWBT channel 12
    Richmond Virginia
    Problem started around June 18th.
    Numerous Audio dropouts. Problem seems to get worse every day.

7. hokie93

hokie93 Mentor

Aug 20, 2007
    Major freezing and going pixilating crazy on WRIC for the past 2 nights.

8. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    Anyone have any idea what game Fox is going to carry at 1:00 pm today not that the Eagles -49ers game has been moved to 4:00 pm?

9. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    Has anyone lost all the HD locals in Richmond. All getting Searching for Signal.

SD Locals working fine.

10. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Did your dish move check your signal strength

11. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    Working now, refreshed services. This is the first time that's happened. Thanks for the reply.

12. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    Is anyone else in Richmond experiencing audio dropouts every couple on minutes on CBS 6? Been going on for a while now.

13. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    I guess I am the only one.

:(

14. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    Anybody know what going on with this channel? It has been off the air since early Sat. Have the Do Not Call Us screen from Directv and no signal over the air.

15. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    The audio drop out's continue on WTVR Channel 6. Directv tells me they do not know of any other complaints. Can everyone in Richmond with Directv please call them and report this issue? I am sure I am not the only one. This is very annoying.

16. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    Last couple of days channel 8 has had numerous audio drop outs and microblocking. Has anyone else in Richmond experienced this.

17. Vinny*

Vinny* Legend

May 17, 2008
    Sound is popping and picture is micro- blocking.

18. lckidd

lckidd New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Channels affected:
    NBC - WWBT (12)

Date: 7/26/2013

Time: 9:15 AM

Description of issue:
    Beginning on Sunday, July 21, 2013 AM, major freezing and pixelation began to be seen only on this channel. It continued through Wednesday, July 24 but seemed to have been corrected yesterday. However, it resumed this morning, July 26 and continues as I write this. Oddly enough, it does not occur when the channel is viewed in real-time but only when it has programs recorded or if they are viewed via the buffer. This behavior has not been seen on recordings on any other channels, only those on local channel WWBT on my HR34/700 running 0x6db. I also have a HR24/500 running 0x6d8 and I will now attempt a test to see if it is also experiencing this issue (although I have not noticed it so far.)