1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Locals: Waco-Temple-Bryan, TX

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Doug Brott, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    DMA: Waco-Temple-Bryan, TX
    Established: 11/28/2007

2. Wrangler3

Wrangler3 Mentor

Jun 27, 2007
    FOX - KWKT (44) HD Local available

3. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Added PBS - KWBU (34) to the lineup

4. F1 Fan

F1 Fan Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    I reported this in the threads last night saying it was in HD. Since then I found a problem.

I am not sure what is going on. My HR20 and 21s are showing the two 25s (I have it set to hide sd duplicates) and the guide shows the shows in HD.

When I switch to the HD channel it is showing the ABC HD feed (the HD logo, letterbox screen etc.) but is transmitting it in 480i.

I suspect this is possibly a retransmission error from Directv (hopefully they read this and realize the error) as it is the HD feed they are picking up.

Maybe sometime today they will read this and fix it.

5. cdhinch

cdhinch Cool Member

Jan 2, 2009
    I can confirm this as well on my HR22-100. The second channel 25 wasn't there until a few weeks ago.

6. F1 Fan

F1 Fan Icon

Aug 28, 2007
    KBTX (Ch 3) in Bryan - College Station is the CBS for this area (Ch 10 is for Waco but we also get it).

It says it is in HD, the feed is the HD feed (says HD on the logo and I get the same feed OTA in HD) but it is streaming in 480i. Directv must be expecting the feed in HD as the guide also shows which shows are in HD etc.

So it should be in HD but isnt.

KXXV (Ch 25) is the local ABC affiliate for Bryan - College Station an is in HD

KRHD (Ch 40) is the local ABC affiliate for Waco and has the same problem as Ch3 above. It says it is in HD, the feed is in HD but it is showing up in 480i on the receivers.