1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Locals: Wausau-Rhinelander, WI

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Doug Brott, Jan 30, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    DMA: Wausau-Rhinelander, WI
    Established: 1/28/2009

2. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    There seems to be issues with CBS Ch 7 WSAW. Brief audio drop outs. It was severe during Survivor at 7pm CST and I had to trash the episode. I will have to watch it at a friends house. Anybody else in the area with this issue? DVR is a HR22-100. The dropouts have been occuring since launched but was a minor irritation to extreme as in last night.

3. Dan B

Dan B Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    I'll check it out when I watch How I Met Your Mother on Monday. It's the only show I watch on CBS.

Right now, WFXS 55 is showing Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles windowboxed. (or actually I'm watching the recording of it in progress) I hope it's fixed before I watch Dollhouse, which is starting right now...

4. gbfdcapt4b

gbfdcapt4b Cool Member

Feb 16, 2006
    When I tune to Channel 7(CBS), all speakers lite up on the stereo receiver, showing that DD 5.1 is being broadcast. However there is never sound from the center channel speaker. I switch from DirecTV channel 7 to OTA 7.1 and the results are the same. All other channels work fine in DD 5.1. Is any one getting the center channel sound in this market?

5. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    If the results are the same OTA, I would say the problem is with the station. I would try shooting them an email or give them a call and ask to speak to someone in the engineering department.

6. gbfdcapt4b

gbfdcapt4b Cool Member

Feb 16, 2006
    I'll try that. I'm still wondering if anyone gets the center channel in this market.

7. whbuild

whbuild New Member

Jan 20, 2010
    There is no 5.1 on 9 or 12. I will have to check this during prime time as far as 7 goes.

8. gbfdcapt4b

gbfdcapt4b Cool Member

Feb 16, 2006
    You are correct, but there is on 55 and 7, and of course on numerous DirecTV HD channels. Let me know if you have center channel sound on 7.

Thanks.

9. gbfdcapt4b

gbfdcapt4b Cool Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Anybody???

10. Dan B

Dan B Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    My receiver also says 5.1 but it's 2.0 right now.

11. gbfdcapt4b

gbfdcapt4b Cool Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Dan B,

Have you looked during prime time yet?

12. Dan B

Dan B Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    No. I'll check my How I Met Your Mother recording on Monday.

13. Dan B

Dan B Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    I checked out some prime time programming on WSAW & it is all 2.0.

14. gbfdcapt4b

gbfdcapt4b Cool Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Thanks for checking. I wonder why my receiver lites up as DD5.1 is being broadcast??????

15. adamson

adamson Godfather

Nov 9, 2007
    Florida
    Anybody in the viewing area having pixelation breakups on all of our locals? Directv tech support states I should be seeing a signal on all transponders and I should not be seeing NA on any, I have very high signals on all satellites. Such fine tech support that they have no idea there are transponders that will say NA. A tech is coming Tuesday and I suspect it will be fruitless at best.

Furthermore people if you are having similar issues please call Directv instead of doing nothing.

16. Dan B

Dan B Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    WSAW is back to 2 channel audio right now during the AFC Championship game. It was definitely 5.1 last weekend, so I'm not sure what's going on. Receiver again says 5.1 but it obviously is not.
    The picture has been breaking up quite a bit as well.

17. gbfdcapt4b

gbfdcapt4b Cool Member

Feb 16, 2006
    I tried to email the chief engineer twice to get an answer on why my receiver shows 5.1, but there is never sound from the center channel speaker. He has never replied.

18. Dan B

Dan B Legend

Mar 6, 2007
    I happened to notice channel 46 ION was added. Looks like it's a virtual remap.

EDIT I read the other thread; I guess ION has been added in a bunch of DMA's.