1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD output in single mode on 2nd TV?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by archer75, May 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archer75

archer75 Godfather

Oct 13, 2006
    I have my 622 in single mode. From what I understand I can also have that display on another TV, but unlike dual mode it will only display what is being watched on the one tuner on both TV's as opposed to being able to watch both TV's independently, which is just fine. We only watch one TV and not both at the same time.

So my question is, in the this setup would it be able to output in HD on the 2nd TV if the receiver is in single mode? I know that it won't in dual mode.

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Anything watched over the coax cable connection will be SD. HD is down converted. It is possible to run an HDMI or Component cable from the 622 to another TV and get HD on two TVs that way. All the output connections on the 622 are hot at the same time, so you can do this.

3. 7ferrari

7ferrari New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    I have the analog hook up for my second tv, and the resolution isn't that bad on HD channels. I didn't notice a big drop off as I expected. The HD (analog) signals are pretty close to the HD signals on TV 1. My main tv is a Pioneer 50" Pro Elete Plasma, and my second tv is a five year old Sony 42" plasma.

4. ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn Icon

Jul 6, 2005
    Run HDMI to the Pro Elite and component video to the Sony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.