1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD package

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by markrubi, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markrubi

markrubi Icon

Oct 12, 2006
    Say if I have the base package plus pay for the HD access will I get all HD channels? Even though I would not get them in SD? Or must one have the SD channel to get it on the HD side?

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    You have to have the SD version to get it in HD. Like the premium channesl HBO, Showtime, and etc. you have to have them in your package to receive them in HD.

3. spidey

spidey Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    Minor exception ABC and NBC National feeds in HD are available without having the SD counterpart.

4. Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
    You don;t have to at least subscribe to locals to get these?

5. djr

djr DBSTalk Club Member

Oct 3, 2006
    I think locals are included now.

If you are outside the antenna range for your local DMA, and you don't have local HD channels via Directv yet, you can usually get either the east coast or west coast HD feeds at no extra charge.

6. msmith198025

msmith198025 Member of the Year

Jun 28, 2007
    Thats correct, you can get one, either east or west coast, feed of CBS, ABC, NBC, and FOX in HD if you are in a area that D* doesnt offer locals, and are far enough away that antenna reception would be problematic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.