1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Ready Receiver Upgrade Process

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jzoomer, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jzoomer

jzoomer Legend

Sep 21, 2006
    With the HD ready check, it seems like there will be lots of calls to Directv as a result. Things could be hectic if my experience is a clue. Here is my call log for your enjoyment:

8:54 Call Customer service number and navigate voice mail menus. Placed on hold
    8:59 Talked to CSR to explain HD upgrade needed (HD TIVO => HR2x). Told it was not a problem. I should be able to get the upgrade for S&H (19.99)
    9:01 Transferred to customer installation (CI) and put on hold
    9:02 Talk to CI who gathered information
    9:06 First offer of $299 plus S&H made and rejected. The CI searches for new offer
    9:09 CI comes up with $199 plus S&H offer which I reject.
    9:11 Transferred to CR (customer retention) and placed on hold
    9:12 Talked to CR where problem is explained again. Shops for new offer.
    9:15 New offer of free plus S&H ($19.95) made I accept.
    9:17 Schedule install date
    9:18 End of call

My experience was good but it took a lot of time. I guess it would be shorter if I paid more money. Things could get bad at the call center if everyone calls them.

2. jelliott

jelliott Cool Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Took me 4 hours to get my HR20 for free, you did it quick. :lol:

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    24 minutes to make $299 and he is complaining it took too long. Glad I'm not paying him.

4. wilmot3

wilmot3 Legend

Jul 24, 2007
    I can give u a good one......I have had my hr20 for 2 weeks (got it for 19.95 s/h after a 30 min phone call) installed 2 weeks ago. Now I have HD for over a year, I have the "side car" I told them my fine tuning bolt was broke and that I have been useing it like that and with the new sat going up and will soon be active that I would like the dish fixed and tuned. The tech came and installed the HR20 and wasn't going to even put a meter on the dish. when I told him about the bolt he said "well your slaming the 101 and the 119 doesn't get any better than that.":icon_stup I called them today AGAIN!!!! sending a tech out tomarrow to "fix" it........we'll see!!!!:rant: Sorry just had to vent a little

5. jzoomer

jzoomer Legend

Sep 21, 2006
    My point is that Directv has set in motion an upgrade path that involved 4 different people (including myself) for a period of time. Others have indicated longer periods of time. Since everyone who has HD now would like to get the new channels, I wonder if the system could get overloaded.

My wife often tells me that she saved me money after she buys something on sale, but my check balance always seems lower. I still lost $20 (S&H), cost of my time, and 2 more years of sending thems lots of money each month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.