1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD receiver but not paying for HD--problems with channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by inquisitive1, Sep 11, 2009.

1. inquisitive1

inquisitive1 Cool Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Yesterday D* had to swap my dishes and DVR due to some local channel update that they had to do. I now have an HR23-700 but don't pay for HD channels, and I don't really want them.

When I set my favorite channels, I set them for the non-HD channels, obviously. If I go through my guide and select a channel, I can click on the program and am taken directly to it. However, if I punch in actual numbers, say, channel 242, it takes me to the HD channel and I have to push the channel button up to receive the non-HD channel.

I know this isn't a big issue, but it's a pain. Is there a way around this other than going through the guide each time and selecting a channel from there? Or if I punch a channel number in, am I always going to have to hit that stupid channel button up once to get the channel I need?

2. miketorse

miketorse Icon

Jul 29, 2008
  3. inquisitive1

inquisitive1 Cool Member

Oct 28, 2007
    That is very good news. I've only had this receiver for one day, but this is so annoying. I hope that software reaches my area soon. Even though they set up the receiver yesterday, it shows that the software update is still the old version. Blah!

And I think this is the slowest receiver I have ever had.

4. miketorse

miketorse Icon

Jul 29, 2008
    I'm happy for you and other people who've been forced to live with this for a little while because of the 72.5 switch. Yes, HD receivers / DVR's are slow. Hopefully that will improve...