1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Tivo losing sat inputs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ramy, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramy

ramy Banned User

May 18, 2004
    I am having a problem where my HD Tivo is losing the satellite input. I will be watching something and the other tuner will give a message that the signal has been lost, depends on which tuner I am watching as to which error message I get for that tuner. I had Directv replace the one I had with a new one so it is confusing and I was wanting to know if anyone had any similar problems.

2. Flyboy917

Flyboy917 Legend

Oct 24, 2003
    I've had this happen twice now and I don't have a clue. The first time it was just the HR10-250. All the other receivers in the house were fine. Yesterday it happened again, but this time I lost another receiver at the same time...non HD unit.
    The non HD unit recovered on it's own...but the HD Tivo had to be rebooted.
    These are definitely non-weather related.

Cheers,
    Flyboy

3. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I had some problems like that before I got the HR10-250 where some of the channels were fine, but others would sometimes be available and sometimes not. I checked connections to make sure they were clean, etc. What it turned out to be was on the roof where several cables running side by side had been bound together with a plastic "tie" to keep things orderly, one of the cable's insulation had worn through a wee bit so depending on the wind sometimes I'd get certain channels and sometimes not.

I know the HR10-250s are very new, but I ran mine using cables I already had up there. If you do have old cabling, it would be worth taking a look at their condition. If all of your cabling is new, then I'm not much help.

Good luck!

Mike

4. ramy

ramy Banned User

May 18, 2004
    I guess changing cables or a new dish is the only other solution I have since I just got a replacement for the HD Tivo and it does the same thing.

5. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    At least to me, it seems like the HR10-250 is a little more sensitive than standard receivers and even the SD DirecTiVo when it comes to cable issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.