1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD10-250/sony 36xbr800 wega 4x3

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jtseltmann, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtseltmann

jtseltmann Registered User

Oct 10, 2004
    I just have a few simple questions about the output settings with my 4x3 CRT tv's (fabulous picture!...though it is not widescreen...). It does accept all inputs the HD10 can send (via the HDMI to DVI connection I am using). My question is this...as I cycle through the various settings...i see the 720p and 1080i both show in 16x9 format but the picture is distorted(stretched). Is this because the program I am watching is broadcast in 4x3? I thought this unit was good because you could upconvert signals and see improvement over the regular sd broadcasts? Then I figured if I found a letterbox broadcast and switched to 720p it would look right but that broadcast still looked stretched. Can someone set me straight? I know it has been asked before but what am I missing?? (PS I don't have the HD content yet...coming in a few days so I just hooked up the new reciever first and am I only capable of SD broadcasts now.)

I would appreciate a good explanation of how do use this better with the 4x3 tv I have...thanks all for the great information in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.