1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI - 2007

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by MarkInDenver, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkInDenver

MarkInDenver Cool Member

Dec 29, 2003
    Last night I was installing a second VIP622 receiver when I got into a conversation with a service rep how the first I exchanged due to HDMI and remote problems how the HDMI was a software problem and that all would eventually fail.

Here's the deal. They swapped mine. No problems since. When HDMI fails and doesn't come back - hardware. Don't allow you to tell them otherwise.

Well, they read from their script sheets.

2. thraner

thraner Cool Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes. We all agreed to this some time back. The issue is hardware-related except for one particular type of TV.

3. langlin

langlin Godfather

Apr 8, 2005
    excuse the dumb question but does the 622 come with an HDMI or DVI cable?

4. mdewitt

mdewitt AllStar

Sep 20, 2006
    Normally it comes with neither. But if you got one of the two with yours, it is most likely an HDMI cable. They usually put composite and component cables in the box. But some people have reported that the installer supplied them with an HDMI cable.

5. killzone

killzone AllStar

Dec 27, 2006
    No it does not.

6. lakebum431

lakebum431 Icon

Jun 30, 2005
    Not entirely true, the DNS rep that installed my friend's new 622 last week (I was there when he came to oversee the install) brought both component and HDMI/DVI cables and an adapter to turn the HDMI/DVI cable back to HDMI.

7. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    The person that took my installation order for my ViP622 told me there would be an HDMI cable provided. It remains to be seen if that is true. I hope so.

8. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    :welcome_s TulsaOK. Always glad to see a new face.

The HMDI/Component with 622 is definitely a mixed bag. Most don't get them, but some do. Maybe Things are changing and they are starting to include them.

9. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Thanks. My installation is to be in the morning (12/29). I've had a really hard time getting this to happen. I finally had to deal with Dish corporate and they assured me that in the morning of 12/29 there would be a Dish employee versed in HD installs at my door. From what I've learned I'm sure once I have the 622 isntalled, I'll be pleased. I know there are a few glitches and knowing that ahead of time will help. Wish me luck.

10. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Good luck.. lets us know how it goes.. I am sure you will find the 622 a nice piece of equipment.

11. langlin

langlin Godfather

Apr 8, 2005
    Yes, Tulsa, I was told the installer would have HDMI cables but I doubted it which is why asked the question, I have now had two install dates cancelled because "there is a shortage of Dish 1000's" I also doubt this, my installer said that Dish ran a "special" and did not produce enough 1000's. He said he was expecting a "truck with 30 1000's today but it did not arrive" so I am still waiting. Sometimes I feel really stupid for listening to all this.......but I really want this receiver, I'm helping my son get it in San Antonio. Surprising enough, I had no trouble getting an install for myself on time in the small town of Mountain Home, AR.

12. killzone

killzone AllStar

Dec 27, 2006
    Ok :) I'll rephrase it. HDMI cables don't come in the box. I have 2 622's, both came in a sealed box (within the last month) and neither came with HDMI or HDMI/DVI cables. If your installer brings one along then you got lucky.

13. Hunter Green

Hunter Green Legend

May 8, 2006
    They told me that, too. They lied.

14. Steve H

Steve H Icon

May 15, 2006
    Back in April of this year (2006) I received two 622's in sealed boxes and both had HDMI cables in the boxes.

15. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    Originally they announced (on there web site) that the ViP 622 would come with a HDMi cable and a HDMI/DVI converter. However they apparently changed there mind and removed it. Yours is the first case I heard that actually still had them. Where yours purchased or leased?

16. ssmith10pn

ssmith10pn Icon

Jul 6, 2005
    I installed about 20 622s and I have yet to see a Component or HDMI cable in the box.

Composite, Analog Audio combo, SVideo, DPP Seperator and a RG-59 jumper is all I ever found in the box!

If you find a HDMI cable or a Component cable come out of the 622 box I want a picture of it.

17. killzone

killzone AllStar

Dec 27, 2006
    Both of mine came with both Component and Composite, no svideo. Both were purchased about a month ago.

Attached Files:

18. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    It's easier to buy an HDMI cable from monoprice.com than it is to try to get Dish to fork one over. You can get a decent hdmi cable under $10.

I lucked out. My 622 was installed when I had my old component only TV. The installer asked me when I was going to get a new TV to take advantage of hdmi. I didn't know, but he gave me an hdmi/dvi cable with a dvi/hdmi adapter. Turns out that my TV died 2 months later and I'm up to speed with a new Mitsu 52631 and HDMI!

19. marius

marius Mentor

Dec 5, 2006
    Wait, I just read about this for the first time. I'm currently using HDMI. Is my 622 eventually going to fail and why?

20. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Searh this forum for HDMI and you will find more posts than you want to read on the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.