1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI and component on HR 20

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by rlockshin, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rlockshin

rlockshin Legend

Aug 14, 2005
    I have the latest CE software installed. I have been using component video to my tv.
    Tried using HDMI and received no picture.
    Do I need to unhook my component cables to have HDMI work or are all outputs active ? S video works.
    Thanks for any advice.

2. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    HDMI and component are both active all the time. You do not need to disconnect one for the other to work. Make sure you have the HR20 set for 720 or higher resolution. 480i does not work over HDMI. (I suggest disabling 480i output from the HR20.)

I am assuming you changed to the proper HDMI input on your TV. You might double check connections at both ends (remove and reconnect).

There are some tv models that appear to not be compatible with the HR20 as far as HDMI is concerned. This is due to the way different manufacturers have interpreted, and implemented, the HDMI standard (it is quite complex, this issue is not limited to DirecTV).

Carl

3. xandor

xandor Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    I have an LG 32" tv using HDMI and was able to select 480i. But Carl is correct, all outputs are active all the time.

4. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    All resolutions are supported via HDMI from the HR20, some TV sets do not accept 480i via HDMI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.