1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI Cable

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by HawkEye19, Dec 20, 2008.

1. HawkEye19

HawkEye19 Mentor

Jan 31, 2008
    Evening all

I had an HR-22 installed today (Satellite dish will come later in the week). I'm thinking I got taken for paying $15 for an HDMI cable that I'm pretty sure should have been just given to me.

Thoughts?

2. TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    How long is the cable? Does it look cheap?

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    At least it wasn't a >$100 Monster like Best Buy tried to sell me a few years ago.

4. nickbits

nickbits New Member

Apr 7, 2008
    The HR21s come with a HDMI cable in the box so I assume the HR22 would as well. Maybe call D* after and try to get a credit?

5. HawkEye19

HawkEye19 Mentor

Jan 31, 2008
    Basic 6-foot cable, black rubberized coating. Looks like the S-Video cables that came with the D* boxes when I first bought them.

6. dettxw

dettxw MRVing

Nov 21, 2007
    Choctaw, OK
    If you want your receiver to decode the new lossless codecs on Blu-ray (HD-MA & True-HD) then I think that you'll need a 1.3 HDMI cable. Just something to keep in mind. Doesn't matter for DirecTV HD receiver/DVR to TV cable.

7. satjoe

satjoe AllStar

Oct 28, 2008
    If your installer works for the HSP ie: directech, ironwood then the installer gets free HDMI cables from the wharehouse. Six foot and wicked cheap. If good quality then the tech has sold you a retail item which would be legit. It wont hurt to make a call. If it is a legitimate practice then no harm no foul. If he took advantage of you and probably everyone else he runs into then he must go.

Good Luck

8. HawkEye19

HawkEye19 Mentor

Jan 31, 2008

Direct Sat USA is the installation company, so I'm thinking he was supposed to just give me the cable. I'll wait to make that call until after the new dish is installed.

9. TigersFanJJ

TigersFanJJ Hall Of Fame

Feb 17, 2006
    I install HR21s, 22s, and 23s all the time. Other than the power cord, hardly any of the receivers I install ever come with any cables. The only exception is the rare occasion that Directv ships us a pallet of receivers that were meant for retail (BB, CC, etc.).