1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HDMI handshake

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jeffro23, Sep 6, 2010.

1. jeffro23

jeffro23 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    have a quick question and wasnt sure if its was a tv or receiver issue. basically, when i change channels, theres an hdmi handshake that occurs (native on) and frequently, i get a picture that has ~30% missing. theres a huge black bar on the right side. sometimes I see a 25% of the picture in the upper left corner and the rest of the screen is black. When I change channels and it redoes the handshake, many times it corrects. but its happening so frequently im concerned. its happened across 2 different directv receivers the 23 and 24. I have a Mitsubishi lt-52144 1080p LCD and the video is going thru a Pioneer vsx-01 hdmi receiver.

Ill turn native off when I get home and see if that makes a difference.

just thought id see if anyone has seen this issue/

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Native off should correct the issue. Some TV's are better than others at syncing.

3. jeffro23

jeffro23 New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    thanks, so you dont think this may be an issue with the receiver?

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Try connecting the DVR directly to the TV to see if it still happens. It could be the Pioneer that is having the handshake problem. But, I'd put the DVR in Native OFF in any case.