1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDMI port not working on HR34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dhaze, Jun 3, 2013.

1. dhaze

dhaze Cool Member

Apr 23, 2012
    My HDMI port on my HR34 has stopped passing SD channels. All HD channels work fine it stops sending signal whenever I go to any SD channel or SD recording. What's up with that? Tech will be out tomorrow, is there any way to fix or will they have to replace it?

2. cypherx

cypherx Hall Of Fame

Aug 27, 2010
    PA - Berks...
    Does your TV support all resolutions over HDMI? My Samsung does not support 480i over HDMI. So that resolution needs to be unchecked for my setup. I just have 720p and 1080i checked on that setup.

I don't have a genie but the setup is the same as far as HDMI / resolutions.

3. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    You should be able to turn 'native' off so the SD channels will output at 1080i. Maybe not ideal if your TV does a better job of scaling than the HR34 but may do the trick!

4. dhaze

dhaze Cool Member

Apr 23, 2012
    My TV does support all resolutions, I will try the native off feature and see if that makes any difference. Thaks guys.