1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hdmi prob

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by smfamfilfohf, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smfamfilfohf

smfamfilfohf New Member

May 11, 2007
    Just curious if anyone else has run into this problem? I have a dell 37 inch lcd and recently got dish network. Can not get the hdmi hookup to work, just get a blank screen. Chatted with Dell and they said my problem was my hdmi to hdmi cable, that if i used a hdmi to dvi cable with adapter this would fix prob. Does this make any sense to anyone? just curious before I spend more cash

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    Does your TV have an HDMI or DVI connector? If its DVI then you need the adapter, otherwise you need HDMI to HDMI. If you do a search on HDMI connection, you will find out there is a very well known problem with the HDMI connector in the 622 breaking. If you just got a new unit this may not be your problem but if it is a refurb, it could be. If you have another TV or an A/V receiver with an HDMI connection, try using that with the 622. If it works the 622 HDMI connection is good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.