1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hdmi

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Japesebas, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Japesebas

Japesebas New Member

Jan 11, 2006
    I have DVI input on my TV. I heard that using the HDMI ouput through DVI cable to the TV was not good, anyone know?
    I already have the DVI cable, so this way would save buying a HDMI cable, I just need a HDM:confused: I-DVI adapter.

Is it going to be much different/better than the component I use now.
    This is a HD20 receiver.

Also the menu & program guide text on the receiver is not aligned correctly. Anyone else have this, is there a way to fix it?
    I have checked the TV and that is good.

2. rabit ears

rabit ears Legend

Nov 18, 2005
    All you need is a HDMI to DVI cable - you should be able to get one online for under $30. You could go to RS, BB or CC and pay three time that, but a cable is a cable is a cable.

Note also that DVI doesn't carry audio. You'll need to run the RCA audio out from the H20 to the audio in of your DVI port.

I don't know that you will see a diffrence, I see a difference between DVI and component on my set. I think it's a function of your vision and the television. As for the alignment of the menu, that's probably a function of the form factor (some people call it the zoom) on your set. Play with various options on the set until you see what you want

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.