1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDNet Concert Schedule: Monday, Jan. 4 - Sunday, Jan. 10

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Nick, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...

HDNet Concert Schedule: Monday, Jan. 4 - Sunday, Jan. 10

Mon., Jan. 4 - 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
    New Order - Live in Glasgow
    - Rising from the ashes of Manchester's legendary and hugely influential Joy Division, New Order triumphed as one of the most important new wave bands. The godfathers of indie rock make a triumphant return with a major new album and their first full UK tour in a decade. Filmed over two nights before a raucous sell-out crowd at the Glasgow Academy, New Order play new material as well as their classic hits including "Blue Monday", "True Faith", and the seminal "Love Will Tear Us Apart (Again)".

Mon., Jan. 4 - 2:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM PT
    Deacon Blue - Live at Cornbury Festival
    - Deacon Blue - Live at Cornbury Festival

Tue., Jan. 5 - 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
    George Michael Live in London
    - George Michael's recent world tour was an instant sell out, and here George Michael brings his show to Earls Court in London where he performs his classic hits to a rapturous crowd. From start to finish the hits keep coming and the crowd keeps roaring their approval.

Tue., Jan. 5 - 2:35 PM ET / 11:35 AM PT
    HDNet Music Discovery
    - HDNet Music Discovery gives up-and-coming bands a chance to broadcast HD music videos in crystal clear true high definition and 5.1 Surround Sound on HDNet.

Wed., Jan. 6 - 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
    Leonard Cohen - Live At The Isle Of Wight 1970
    - After five days and nights of chaos, fires, rioting and music, Leonard Cohen took the stage at the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival, mesmeriziing fans who'd waited countless hours to see the enigmatic poet perform 17 of his greatest songs. Take a look back at the last great concert of its time to see and hear how Leonard Cohen single-handedly took over the festival with his music.

Wed., Jan. 6 - 2:10 PM ET / 11:10 AM PT
    HDNet Music Discovery

Thu., Jan. 7 - 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
    Kansas: There's Know Place Like Home
    - Kansas delivers the must-see concert of the year, There's Know Place Like Home. In addition to performing all the group's classics, KANSAS is joined by the Washburn University Orchestra and former members Kerry Livgren and Steve Morse, appealing to new and old fans alike.

Thu., Jan. 7 - 2:35 PM ET / 11:35 AM PT
    HDNet Music Discovery

Fri., Jan. 8 - 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
    Chick Corea: Rendezvous in New York - "Best Of" & Documentary Special
    - A concert documentary offering an unprecedented musical retrospective of contemporary jazz told from the viewpoint of legendary pianist Chick Corea, who reunites nine different bands he's led over his illustrious career in a once-in-a-lifetime event. Narrated by Jeff Goldblum, the program features highlights of performances from the famed Blue Note in New York by over twenty musical heavyweights.

Fri., Jan. 8 - 2:45 PM ET / 11:45 AM PT
    HDNet Music Discovery

Sat., Jan. 9 - 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
    Heart: Alive in Seattle
    - The first ladies of rock & roll return! Ann, Nancy & the band perform all of their hits, 4 new songs, plus some surprises in this state of the art, hi-definition concert shot last summer in their home town of Seattle.

Sat., Jan. 9 - 2:40 PM ET / 11:40 AM PT
    HDNet Music Discovery

Sun., Jan. 10 - 1:00 PM ET / 10:00 AM PT
    HDNet Music Discovery

Sun., Jan. 10 - 1:25 PM ET / 10:25 AM PT
    Keane - Live at the Aragon Ballroom Chicago
    - Almost a year from the release of their debut album Hopes and Fears, British band Keane perform at Chicago's Aragon Ballroom in front of 4,000 devoted fans. The album has now sold almost five million copies worldwide and the band has picked up a host of awards. The concert, shot by the acclaimed director Matthew Amos, perfectly captures the band's unique style and emotional performance. The show includes some great split screen images and features the hits "Everybody's Changing", "Somewhere Only We Know" and "Bedshaped," along with some brand new material.

Sun., Jan. 10 - 2:30 PM ET / 11:30 AM PT
    Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones
    - When one of the loudest bands in rock switches gears and shows its not-so-loud side, you can't help but listen. Foo Fighters' new live concert, Skin and Bones, features unique interpretations of favorites from the band's entire career. Hits include, "Time Like These," "My Hero," "Best of You" and "Everlong." Directed by Danny Clinch during their critically acclaimed 2006 tour.

Sun., Jan. 10 - 4:55 PM ET / 1:55 PM PT
    311 Live In Memphis: 3-11 Day 2006
    - 3-11 Day, the ultimate 311 concert experience, captured live from the Mid-South Coliseum in Memphis, Tennessee. HDNet features 2-hours of the best action from the 5 hour concert marathon, in High-Definition and in true 5.1 surround sound. With their trademark mix of rock, rap & reggae, 311 perform their classic fan-favorites, "Down", "Come Original", "Beautiful Disaster" and "Amber" - plus rarities, b-sides and more! So tune in, crank up the volume, and enjoy the ultimate 311 concert experience: 3-11 Day live!

Sun., Jan. 10 - 7:00 PM ET / 4:00 PM PT
    Franz Ferdinand - Live in London
    - This live performance was filmed at the Big Gig London O2 Arena and features their massive hits 'Michael', 'Matinee' and 'Take Me Out' from their first album, as well as more recent hits 'Ulysses' and 'No You Girls'.

Sun., Jan. 10 - 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT
    The Outlaw Trail: Where Outlaw Legends and Outlaw Music Meet
    - In the Old West, desperadoes eluded lawmen using a series of get-away routes across the Western frontier, creating the legendary Outlaw Trail. With the same "outlaw spirit," country artists in the 1970s rebelled against "Nashville Country," bringing the grit and life back to Country music. The Outlaw Trail: Where Outlaw Legends and Outlaw Music Meet is a one of a kind tribute performed in honor of the Outlaw, in music and in lore. Performers include Joe Ely, Jessie Colter, Rodney Crowell, Carlene Carter, Asleep at the Wheel, and many more.

Sun., Jan. 10 - 10:10 PM ET / 7:10 PM PT
    Vince Gill and Friends Live at the Ryman
    - See 18-time Grammy award winner Vince Gill perform to a packed house at the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee, where country legends Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, and Hank Williams, Sr. once graced the stage. Gill and his 17-piece band play from a catalog of hits such as "One More Last Chance" and "I Still Believe in You", as well as songs from his latest album These Days.

Sunday After Hours...

Mon., Jan. 11 - 12:15 AM ET / Sun., Jan. 10 - 9:15 PM PT
    Willie Nelson Live at Billy Bob's
    - To see Willie Nelson at Billy Bob's Texas is to understand his greatness. Just Nelson and his beat-up guitar, wearing American flag bandannas and sneakers, and playing hit after hit with his Family Band.

Mon., Jan. 11 - 2:15 AM ET / Sun., Jan. 10 - 11:15 PM PT
    Merle Haggard Live at Billy Bob's
    - Living legend Merle Haggard joins an all-star cast of musicians who have performed at the "World's Largest Honky Tonk" - you guessed it - Billy Bob's Texas!

Mon., Jan. 11 - 4:15 AM ET / 1:15 AM PT
    Solomon Burke & Friends - Live in Nashville
    - R&B legend, Grammy® winner and Rock 'N Roll Hall Of Fame inductee Solomon "The King" Burke makes a once in a lifetime trip to Nashville in an evening of country and roots music at the famed Belcourt Theatre. Emmylou Harris, Patty Griffin, Gillian Welch and band leader Buddy Miller join Solomon along with songwriters Jim Lauderdale, Paul Kennerley, Kevin Welch and Shawn Amos in a soul inspiring night of collaboration and music.

Mon., Jan. 11 - 5:45 AM ET / 2:45 AM PT
    HDNet Music Discovery

--
    Schedule subject to change -- go to www.hd.net for the latest information.

2. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Following last week's headlined HDNet Concert Series schedule posting, a number of members commented about the selections of concerts being made by HDNet staff. Some were negative, but all were helpful. While neither I, or the staff of DBSTALK has any influence over the week-to-week concert selections made by HDNet staff, you, our membership, do have a voice.

There are two ways in which you can make your concert preferences known. First, make use of the 'Concert Request Line' link at the top of each week's HDNet Concert Series posting. There. you can select from an extensive list of great concert events, both contemporary as well as classic. Second, you can simply write directly to HDNet at viewer@hd.net to make your wishes known. I just did this myself on behalf of DBSTalk users, the text of which I have copied below.
    If there are artists or groups you would like to see perform on HDNet in 5.1 surround sound and stunning high definition, I urge you make your wishes known by writing to viewer@hd.net.

3. Richard King

Richard King Hall Of Fame

Mar 25, 2002
    I find it interesting that the comments that are being made about HDNet concerts are the same that were being made about Voom's RAVE concert channel. RAVE had a MUCH bigger challenge in staying fresh since they were a 24/7 music only channel (and my favorite, most watched, channel at the time). In spite of the many complaints about them, I miss RAVE (still).

4. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    HDNet's response:

5. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    So Smashing Pumpkins appears to be the hard rock side of varying acts. Literally not for everyone. You would have to tie me to a chair and hold my eyes open with tape to watch any of these acts mentioned.:lol:

I will however record Heart and I did enjoy the Leonard Cohen from 71. It was my first time watching it.

6. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    That's a Mark Cuban answer for you. Nothing new.

7. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    !rolling