1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDNet concerts, can you buy?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Tiger Tony, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006
    I absolutely love the HDNet concerts. Without question the best programing on TV. PQ and sound is great. I have recored several of the concerts on my HR20 DVR. I'm afraid though that one day I will have to reformat the unit and I will lose my recorded programs. I do not own a DVD recorder and besides I understand that DVD recorders don't record in HD. I'm only interested in HD programs.
    In particular, I can't stand the thought of one day not having the Dickey Betts and the Great Southern Live Concert. Dickey Betts is incredible, I can't stop watching and listening to "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed".

My question is:
    Are HDNet's concert DVD's available?

2. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Good quality DVD recorders are not overly expensive these days. Rocorded from an HD source (HR20) they come out very good. If you buy one ensure it can record in 16x9, it will playback on your set very well. I enjoy mine. I take the DVD and rip the sound track to a CD to play in the car.

3. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I know the Blu Ray versions of some of them are available on Amazon.com

4. Tiger Tony

Tiger Tony Godfather

Dec 16, 2006

This morning I took your advice went to Sam's and bought a DVD/VC recorder (Sony RDR-VX525).

The recorded PQ isn't near HD but I must say it's better then I expected, it's very watchable.
    I've also made my wife happy because now I can record all out old VHS and video cassettes to DVD.
    I'm glad I bought it. Thanks for the suggestion.