1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDTV,721,6000u

Discussion in 'HDTV Equipment (Closed Forum)' started by GeorgeF, Oct 20, 2002.

1. GeorgeF

GeorgeF Guest

If I bought an HDTV could I use my 721 and a 6000u together on the same TV? If so, how would it work and what capability would I have with it?

TIA, George

2. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    You'd have a HDTV Receiver and a Standard Definition PVR. You can't record HD shows on the 721. As some have suggested, you could buy a D-VHS which would run about $1,000. I have a DirecTiVo and HD Receiver on with DirecTV and I use two seperate inputs to the TV. I also have 3 seperate lines running from my Dish to the back of the TV. Two for the DirecTiVo and one for the HD Receiver. I just change the input on the TV to view the HD Receiver. Most of the time, unless I'm watching HDTV, I use the TiVo since most shows aren't in HD. I works well for me.

3. DarrellP

DarrellP Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    D-VHS won't work with a 6000, you can only record HD via Firewire, which the 6000 does not have. The only HD recorder that accepts an Analog Component input is an older Panasonic that is very rare and expensive.

4. HTguy

HTguy Icon

May 6, 2002
    Almost all HD ready TVs have multiple inputs. I have many customers with both a Model 6000 and a PVR connected to the same set. They watch HDTV content thru the component video inputs and PVR recorded events thru the S-Video input.

5. sampatterson

sampatterson Icon/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Aug 27, 2002
    I have a progressive DVD, 721 and 6000 in the bedroom. They all feed into my Denon AV receiver and then to the TV (721=s-video, dvd&hdtv=component)

6. grizly1530

grizly1530 New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Do you know what the model number of that Panasonic is?