1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HDTV DVR + Rcvr or two HDTV DVR's?

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by LesHarrison, Jan 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LesHarrison

LesHarrison New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    I have a DTV standard Tivo and a standard HNS receiver. We generally use the receiver since it is easier to navigate and use the Tivo for movies and such. I have upgraded everything to HD except for getting the new DTV boxes (the slim line dish is installed).

Now I am wondering if we should get two HDTV HR21-600's so we can record on both instead of having a receiver at all. The question comes down to how much easier is the user interface for the new HD receiver vs. the HD DVR? My wife generally uses the receiver and I "run" the Tivo.

Thanks for your comments.

Looking to pickup the boxes at bestbuy in the next couple of days.

Les

2. bidger

bidger Hall Of Fame

Nov 19, 2005
    I can't use a "vanilla" receiver after going DVR 8+ years ago, so the choice for me is obvious. Actually, I use 3 DVRs. ;)

3. LesHarrison

LesHarrison New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    Thanks Bidger..that helps and after looking at the user manuals for both, I think I agree that the best thing is to just have two DVR's so the interface is the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.