1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HDUI Software Download

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ahanson3, Mar 28, 2012.

1. ahanson3

ahanson3 New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    My Directv account is currently suspended while I am at my winter residence in AZ. Therefore, I missed the software update to the new HDUI. Does anyone know if my HR-24 will automatically download the new software when I re-activate my account and plug in the receiver when I return to my summer residence in a couple of weeks?

ahanson3

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    It might not download it right away, but if your receiver has been authorized for it, it will do it eventually. After not being connected for that long, you can try to force a download of the software. You will get whatever version is currently out there that your receiver has been authorized for, so it might just redownload the same version you already have.

And... :welcome_s to DBSTalk!

- Merg

3. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    It will automatically download the HDUI after it is reactivated. It may take a little time but you should not have to do anything. Of course as mentioned you could always force it and get it right away.

4. ahanson3

ahanson3 New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    How do you force a download?

Thanks for the responses sent previously.

ahanson3

5. cforrest

cforrest Icon

Jan 20, 2007
    As soon as the unit starts up press 0-2-4-6-8 on the remote in that order. It will then force a download of the latest software.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Yeah! What he said! :lol:

- Merg