1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hell's Kitchen season finale tonight

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Scott Kocourek, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    Are my wife and I the only people who enjoy this show?

2. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    We watch. Kinda. :lol:

I think it would do better if it were less "flashy" and Ramsay wasn't so melodramatic. I love his Kitchen Nightmares show (the original BBC version) where he's obviously being himself.

3. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    We really liked the BBC Kitchen Nightmares too. That is probably the reason we ended up watching HK. One of my favorite things about shows like this and others is you get to see the people who will work the hardest for what they want and you will get to see the people who will stab you in the back to get what they want. Then there is the other group who don't do a lot and think they should still win.

Oh yeah, and it's fun to watch Ramsey go off on people.:D

What ever happened to the US Kitchen Nightmares?

4. tcusta00

tcusta00 Active Member

Dec 31, 2007
    I was wondering that myself as I replied to your first post. It looks like it's still going to be on. The website says they're casting:

http://www.fox.com/kitchennightmares/

5. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    I will post later, I got bumped. Said high volume of visitors please try later.:(

6. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    We really like the BBC version of Kitchen Nightmares. The Fox version isn't nearly as a good. The F Word is also a good show. Never much liked Hell's Kitchen...or any of those "off the island" shows.

7. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    BBC version is definatley best. I have never seen The F Word, I'll set it up to record and give a try. It was nice to see someone I liked win HK and I enjoy watching the show. Yes it is an "off the island" show but you don't get kicked off hte show because you are a threat or because people are scared you are better, you get kicked off this show because you are not as good as the person who stayed.

8. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    The F Word is a very different kind of show...part contest, part cooking lesson, part informational and part talk show. Certainly a different format than anything I've seen on TV.

9. Fontano

Fontano Godfather

Feb 7, 2008
    We watched all Season, and we very happy with the results of the finale.
    I really wonder if it would have even been close if Dave didn't have the arm issue pretty much the entire season.

Overall this was one of the more enjoyable seasons, as it had a lot of conflict, as well as some really talented chefs.

One of the best parts was the 10 or so blooperish scenes that they put up at the end.

The "I ain't no b!" I guess was a long running joke in the season, that we didn't get to see until now.

10. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    My wife watches it and I'll sit in every now and then. The finale was entertaining as well as the bloopers bit. I noticed I didn't see that guy in the room after the winner was announced. I guess he wasn't asked back for the finale. :)

- Merg

11. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    I liked the scenes at the end. It was good to see Ransay being himself a little rather than the characature that he plays on HK.

I thought Dave was the front runner from the beginning, but at least Kevin was pretty close.

As far as Kitchen Nightmares, they are supposedly going to be toning it down some more and making it more like the UK version, but I guess well see.

12. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Just finished this episode last night .. they rushed the end (compared to earlier seasons) and frankly, I think it worked better this way. It always seemed stretched out before and the whole design your own restaurant thing always seemed a little silly to me ..

It was a good season I thought, but watching during the fall just seems weird. Good news is that I no longer need to record 5 things at one time on Tuesday nights :)

13. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    In previous seasons, the whole design your own restaurant thing was done because the winners were usually being given control over a blank space. But this season the restaurant was already built and furnished, so no need to see the whole design your own restaurant goings on.

14. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I was also happy with the results and agree that the clips at the end were quite humorous.

Personally, I think that Dave's arm issue may have helped him win. To be able to fight through the pain and do that well was impressive. If his arm was fine with the same performance, it could have been a different result

15. Scott Kocourek

Jun 13, 2009
    It made the show much more "watchable" without the restraunt design.

The clips at the end were great, I only wish we could have seen more of the ongoing "I aint no b*" throughout the show.

16. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Fox toning it down? I'll believe it when I see it...

17. myselfalso

myselfalso Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    I'm happy with the results.
    I agree with you. However, I don't think he really had that bad of a service throughout the show. A few slips here and there, but nothing too bad. Really what pulled him through was how good his final service was. While there were some struggles, he did well throughout the service. Kevin clearly struggled out of the gate.

I think what it comes down to is Kevin picking Amanda because she was "good with fish." She was just awful the whole night. Really bad choice on his part and that's what sunk him.