1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Help! Can you I.D. this show?

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Laxguy, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Following a Showtime re-run of a recent Dexter, I became fascinated with a program that followed it, and watched it for an hour before the extra time ran out. As it was recorded in the extra hour allotted to Dexter, there was no clue as to what I was watching. So, based on the following, can anyone say what it was? Movie? Series?

It all takes place so far as I saw inside the trunk of a car! A Fed agent is being held captive and terrorized by unknown persons, and he's inside a strong plexiglass container, with lights and electronic gear, and a CB radio and all sorts of things happen, but he's the only person seen for the first hour. I'd love to be able to find it and see the ending, or watch the series if it is one.

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Do you have the date when you viewed it?

3. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I believe it was called Brake.

Movie Info

Secret Service Agent Jeremy Reins (Stephen Dorff) is about to have a very bad day. He wakes up trapped in the dark, cramped trunk of a moving car with no recollection of how or why he's there. The only light comes from the blood-red digital numbers ticking away above his head that signify one thing..he's running out of time. As the captors reveal themselves and their motives while torturing their hostage mentally and physically, Jeremy realizes he is a pawn in their potentially catastrophic plot. He will not be set free until he gives up information about the President he's been trained not to reveal. -- (C) IFC

4. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Yes, yes, yes, that's it! Thanks, Jimmie.

Mark- I didn't include the date I recorded Dexter as it was one of several reruns. I did scroll through a week's worth of programming, but nothing in Info sounded like this movie. Is there a Guide that shows historical information (history here defined as a few days!)

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    That movie is going to be on Thrusday 7-18 at 6.20pm on 549
    Several times after that.
    Do a search just using BRAKE and it pops right up.

6. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Not in the DirecTV receiver. However, many channels have their own websites, and Showtime includes print schedules. If you go to the Showtime Schedule Website, there is a link to print schedules. There, I found the schedules for July, 2013 and August, 2013. With a little URL manipulation, I was able to locate to June, 2013 schedule as well.

7. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Thank you. Good to know that's available.

8. Laxguy

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    I wrote a thanks on this this morning, but apparently I didn't send it!
    So, thanks again, Jimmie, I have it on the To Do list now.