1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Help Hooking up to 3 sats,3 dishes,and 3 homes

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by cbinak, Jul 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. cbinak

cbinak New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    I live in Alaska, where we live we need 6' dishes to get a strong signal. I am trying to get a setup with 3 friends ( we live about 250' apart each way) to get three satellites(110,119,and 129).I have 3-722 receivers,2-211 receivers,and 1-625 receiver. One friend has 1-722,2-301's and the other has 2-211 receivers. I have dp single lnb going to dp34 and a dp33. What would I need to get us all setup for reception ? Dual dp lnb's, dp44's , signal boosters ,and or dp21's? Thanks for any help .

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Doctor Whom Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    If you are asking what it sounds like you are asking (sharing an account with your neighbors) then this thread will be closed fairly quickly. Please clarify what you are trying to do.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Three accounts sharing a dish (or in this case, an array) should be fine from a TOS standpoint. We'll leave it as that.

As far as the signal ... hundreds of feet are not the best length for satellite cable but the appropriate boosters should help. Do you have a local installer geek who is accustomed to setting up such systems?

4. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    not sure why u would have a dp34 an a dp33 but, u can daisy chain up to 3 dp34s together, that would give u 12 tuners. youd prolly need to daisy chain 3 dp44s together since all u would need is 1 cable per reciever. running less cable is always a bonus. not sure about the distance issue. something you'll hafta try an see.

5. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    OK, so you have 11 receivers, 5 dual tuners and 6 single tuners. The simplest way would be to get a DPP44 - run a line from each dish (DP single or dual) to the DPP44, then daisy chain to the DP34 then the DPP33. Make sure to connect 4 dual tuners to the DPP44, 4 single tuners to the DP34, and the DPP33 would have one dual tuner and 2 single tuners.

As far as boosters, that's a trial and error thing. Assuming no run of cable from receiver to switch is over 230' you shouldn't really need them. Official max is 200', but in my experience the dropoff really starts at 230' as long as the cable is good quality with no splices in it. The best way to check is with a sat meter that will show you the dbs at the receiver location. Anything below -50db would need a booster.

6. cbinak

cbinak New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    We each have a 6' dish and our own dish accounts.
    But we wanted to setup to try and get different satellites, we all are tuned into 119 now, just wanted to get 110 and 129 to get more and better channels.
    Wanted to try and put multi-switches at each 6' dish - have 1 dpp34 or 44 at each dish sending signal to 2 other dpp34 or 44 at each house and then switch at each house to their own receivers.
    Tried to get two signals from one dish , but can not lock on.

7. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    The one in the middle going to either side will not be a problem, but the two on the outside going to the other outside may present issues with distance.