1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HELP - HR10-250's locks up

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tim_r_evans, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tim_r_evans

tim_r_evans New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Hi Everyone,

I'm a new DirectTV user, i have 2 HD TV's one with the HR10-250 and one with the 720 HD receiver and 2 std. TV receivers.

I'm having problems with the HR10-250 since day one, after a few hours i couldn't change channels via the remote or access the guide etc it would take maybe 5-10 attempts to change a channel or access a function, it was also intermittant and seemed to happen at first after power up. After a major saga with D* i finally received a replacement unit, essentially the same thing apart from when warm.

So i have 2 HR10-250's, 2 remotes, plus i programmed my universal to control the HR10-250's and the same thing occurs. I tried leaving it off overnight, leaving it on etc. Its connected via HDMI to the TV, i do turn the TV off into standby.

btw: the 720 and the 2 std receivers work fine

Am i just very, very unlucky and a major coincidence ??? i'm awaiting the 3rd unit from D*TV

Has anyone had the same problems ?

Thanks

Tim

Of course i'm getting major grief from having switched from Comcast !!! Help

2. sdlehman

sdlehman Cool Member

Jan 1, 2006
    Just a shot in the dark here. Is it possible that the unit has a weak infrared signal from remote? Or is this an RF signal?

Stace

3. tim_r_evans

tim_r_evans New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Thanks, tried that, even with all (3) remotes from inches away, its almost as if the receiver is "busy" doing something else, for example lets say i enter channel 654, i might get the 6 only, or the 4 , but never all 3 digits in a row, or i may have to press Guide 5-10 times.

Strange thing its intermittant, i re-installed my original unit last night, worked perfectly all evening, left it on all night, turned on the TV this morning it had "locked" up ??

Tim

4. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    I've had mine about a month now with no problems. Strange both units would have the same problems. Are you sure you have a clean power source?

5. tim_r_evans

tim_r_evans New Member

Jan 12, 2006
    So it seems to be related to the HDMI interface after powering off the TV for a while. The fix to reset it is to turn off the TV, unplug the HDMI and wait a short while.

I'm going to try another cable, and if that doesn't work switch to components to test. I know earlier units had a problem with the HDMI interface, i hope this hasn't re-surfaced, of course it could be related to th TV power on sequence maybe

Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.