1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HELP - I've lost my closed captions on 622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by shortspark, Jun 6, 2008.

1. shortspark

shortspark Legend

Oct 25, 2006
    I have 4.49 and for the first time today I can not get captions (which I need for many shows). I've done a search at the bugs thread for this update but nothing was mentioned. Programs in HD have always been hit or miss but the HD movie channels on ST, HBO and Max almost always have CCs, along with most SD broadcasts. But not now. My local stations which I get over the air through my antenna also have no captions. I have a projector so all my captions are decoded and presented by the 622. In my bedroom, I have a regular tv but it looks like nothing is being decoded by the 622 so I get no captions at all. I tried a reset back to the CC defaults but to no avail. Does anyone know a fix? Should I unplug the thing for a hard reboot?

2. BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit Cool Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Could somebody have simply turned it off? If it says it is enabled and no content is showing it, I would definitely power cycle it (unplug it like you suggested).

3. shortspark

shortspark Legend

Oct 25, 2006
    Of course, that did it. Every time something goes wrong I unplug for a few minutes and all is right again. I don't know why I thought this time should have been any different.