1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me if you can

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by tigerl78, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerl78

tigerl78 New Member

Jan 22, 2007
    I am trying to find out if anyone can help me out with trying to program my dish dvr remote (#2) to my durabrand tv, it is a product of Walmart, and I have found out that Funai is the one now making them. But nobody can help me to find the code to program the remote to it. I thank you for your time. :confused:

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Have you tried the code scan?

Walmart is known to get the manufacturer to change to more "popular" codes. The last Walmart TV I had to deal with actually had been revised to use Sony codes.

3. Frostwolf

Frostwolf Legend

May 9, 2006
    Found on a wiki
    "Durabrand is a chain of different manufacturers. Durabrand is chained with Lenoxx Sound, Alco, Funai (which would also include Emerson, Sylvania, and Symphonic), Orion, Maxell, Resonance, Initial Technology, and many other different companies"

You can rule out Lennox http://lenoxx.com/DURABRAND/welcome_to_the_durabrand_page.htm

and I found this in another forum "I am not sure who makes it but I do have a phone # that you can call and TRY to get help but good luck in that. All I got was alot of nothing.
    1-800-252-6123 That is the # for customer service, make sure that you have the s/n # and the model # or you wont get anywhere."

don't know if that number is still good

But I saved the best for last, according to wiki "Televisions were sourced from Orion, now currently sourced from Funai Electric." Orion made the emerson brand too, so try those codes. Good luck

4. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    Hold your TV button down at the top of the remote until all four buttons across the top illuminate. Press the orange power button near the top of the remote. If you have a newer remote with two orange buttons, press the one without the TV letters. Press the 'channel up' button slowly until the TV turns off. Then press the pound key to set that code in the remote. You may have to search through a hundred or so codes until you find the right on. Its common for the codes in the manual to not work for a certain brand, but later find a code that works by doing the code search. :icon_cool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.