1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Need 17e testing help for a new function!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jheda, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jheda

jheda DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Earls release notes state: "Playback of currrently recording show is paused if user toggles to live and
    back (SLB)"

this appears to means the LIVE SHOW remains paused as you toggle to the recorded show, and u toggle by going to the recorded show with List and back to live with Exit.

I forced 17e last night and tested this many different ways (a recording show, a recorded show, pausing the recording when exiting etc.) and couldnt get the nonrecorded "live" buffer to hold its pause after exiting the recorded show.

Can anyone make the live buffer remain paused and if so what are the exact steps that worked? Is this a bug and not performing yet or user error on my part?

Once its working i will ask it to be added to tips and tricks as this is a much improved workaround.

thanks guys!!!!

2. DogLover

DogLover Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I think you misunderstood the release notes. This fix just affects the recorded show that you are watching. It now stays paused. The live show still does not stay paused.

If you want both to be paused, then both need to be recorded and played back from the list.

Hopefully, they will address live play next and be able to keep the pause point on that as well.

3. jheda

jheda DBSTalk Club Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Earl, is Doglover correct, or did the new feature not impliment in 17e appropriately? I dont want people testing soemthing that has simply been misinterpreted....

thanks!

4. puffnstuff

puffnstuff Icon

Sep 2, 2006
    I'm pretty sure Doglover is right it has been that way for the last 2 CE's and now the NR . Also it only works if you pick the show from list not if you try it right after pressing record on a live show .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.