1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help...need to contact the office of the president

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by lynx059, Jul 13, 2010.

1. lynx059

lynx059 Cool Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I will spare you all the details, but I am looking for contact information for the Directv Office of the President customer service. I tried to call with a number I found online, but said it was disconnected, I sent an email to: ellen.filipiak@directv.com , but have yet to receive a response. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    You've got her email and any/all phone numbers get changed every couple of months, leaving email as your only option other than snail mail.

3. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    And the reason those phone numbers get changed is because every Tom, Dick and Harry think they have special needs and their issue can only be handled at the top.

Not saying that the OPs issue is insignificant or doesn't deserve speical attention, just see far to many times where ones self importance is out of line.

4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If you have a severe problem you might get an answer by calling the regular number and asking for "Customer Retention".

5. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Don't spare the details .. :)

Our rag-tag team might surprise you.

6. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I've never had to ask for customer retention to get support from DIRECTV.

7. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    +1.

What is the issue?

8. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    When Henry Ford couldn't answer questions about how his cars worked or the expected costs of things during an interview, the reporter then asked how he could run such a large company without knowing these things. His answer was....I have a box on my desk....I push a button and someone will come in and explain what you need.

Joe

9. TDK1044

TDK1044 Godfather

Apr 8, 2010
    I only ever had one serious issue with D*. I was assigned a Case Manager and the issue was resolved within 48 hours...including a tech coming out to my house. :)

10. Xsabresx

Xsabresx Icon

Oct 8, 2007
    If someone knows enough to be a member here, they should already know that this should be the first stop before contacting anyone at Directv.

The answer could end up being "call them", but more times that not a few minutes here will avoid that.

(of course you knew that already)

11. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Give them a couple days and they will either email you back or look up your info and call you directly. It is usually within the next day.

12. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I only did it once.

I had just had them put in HD service and receivers and the Tech did a terrible job. He would not run the second wire for my DVR unless I paid him, he also told me that I had to buy the HDMI cable from him or to go to the store and buy one. The CSR was no help with this.
    I talked to Customer Retention, he talked to the Tech and then the Tech did what he was supposed to be doing in the first place.

The install job was so poor and lacking I still called the Supervisor of the company that DirecTV had subbed to do this work.
    The super agreed with me. No bracing on the dish mount ( I live in Hurricane territory ), no ground block for the dish, no hold downs to keep the wiring against the wall.
    He sent another Teck the next day that finished the job as it should have been done in the first place.

I have had no troubles since then ( March of 2009 ).

13. WayGod

WayGod Mentor

Sep 7, 2009
    I will tell you all, it's because of this "rag-tag team" that I finally decided to take the DTV plunge. I'm glad I did and know if I have problems, this group will set me straight or help me out. I returned my Comcast crap today and I doubt that I'll ever look back.

You people are great... thanks! :D

14. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I rather come here than a CSR for help

15. DJPellegrino

DJPellegrino Godfather

Nov 17, 2005
    Well Doug, you have a special BAT PHONE though! :lol:

16. rahlquist

rahlquist Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2007
    But 99% of the time someone here can provide answers without that phone ever going off hook...

17. Doug Brott

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I call front line service for most things .. Always get pleasant service.

18. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Yeah, like they don't "have your number" already. :lol:

19. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    CSRs call Doug for service.

20. drpjr

drpjr Icon

Nov 23, 2007
    Sakatomatoes...