1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! New HR20-700 will not 'wake up'

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by esfenton, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esfenton

esfenton New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Help!

I just received my new HR20-700 receiver on Friday, replacing my trusty HR10. Since the installer left (even when he was here) we've been having some problems. I've searched and searched, but can't seem to find a post that closely resembles this issue.

Here's a description. When I leave the TV and HR20 off for a while (not a short period) and I turn the equipment back on I can't get the HR20 picture back on my TV. Sometimes the HR20 lights will come on. Sometimes not.

Unplugging the TV , HR20, disconnecting the HDMI cable and letting the system "rest" for ~5minutes seems to resolve the issue. Afterwards it seems to work fine - until I let it rest for a long period of time again (say overnight).

I have a Toshiba 62HM116 TV. I also have the internet connected to the back of the HR20-700.

Anyone have suggestions 4 me?????

2. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I have some HDMI issues myself, but I believe that it is related to the TV firmware for me, not the HR20. That being said, can you "fix" the problem by removing/reinserting the HDMI only?

3. TimG517

TimG517 AllStar

Jan 2, 2007
    Installers told me a few times to just leave the box on. It doesn't use much power. I do it with my HR20-100.

4. esfenton

esfenton New Member

Sep 9, 2007

No...along with unpluging the HDMI cable, it to reset my equipment I have to upplug the TV and HR 20 --- and wait 5 minutes. It doesn't always work. Sometimes I need to try couple of times.

5. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    Some sets have HDMI issues, try component, (red, green, blue)still passes 1080i. You will need audio cables though.

6. esfenton

esfenton New Member

Sep 9, 2007
    I tried hooking up the component cables, except having trouble with the sound. I used the RCA outs into the jacks on the back of my TV (the ones paired with the component inputs), but I don't get any sound. I only get sound if I connect the digital out direct to my stereo receiver. I want to get the sound to work w/out the stereo receiver on.

What am I missing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.