1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Help - not getting all transponders on 119

Discussion in 'Standard Definition Receiver Support Forum' started by sjnic, Feb 4, 2013.

1. sjnic

sjnic New Member

Feb 2, 2013
    reactivated receiver. have tweaked dish 500 for 119. good signal for transponders 9, 13, 11, 17, 19. cannot receive transponder no. 6. --any suggestions on what to check? again, the dish has been tweaked (a home was built next door, but i am assuming if it blocked signal i would not be able to receiver other transponders) is that a bad assumption. thanks:

2. davejacobson

davejacobson Legend

Mar 14, 2005
    not all transponders have signal. are you missing channels?

3. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    I don't get transponder 7 at the same signal level as the rest, but it is there.

Repeat - are you actually missing any channels ?

1 through at least 5 seem to be spotbeams.

4. sjnic

sjnic New Member

Feb 2, 2013
    not getting any of the channels on transponder 6, of which there are quite a few. in fact not receiving any channels on transponders lower that 11

5. VDP07

VDP07 Godfather

Feb 22, 2006
    The problem seems to be limited to the even numbered transponders. Bad cable and/or bad or corroded fittings could be the problem. I would check the cabling and fittings and maybe run a temporary jumper from the dish to the receiver to rule this out.

6. jkane

jkane Icon

Oct 12, 2007
    I keep an old 510 at our weekend place and have an old single lnb dish pointed at 119. Last fall it started to drop signal. I cut down a tree that was getting in the way. Now this spring, we were there for the first time this year and it kept cutting out. :-( I was wondering if there is a problem forming on 119, or maybe my lnb is finally getting bad.

I guess I could buy a used lnb somehwere, but is it worth it. We only use this setup like 6 times a year and only for a day or 2 at a time.

7. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Do you have a dish 500 or a dish 300? Is there a Twin LNB or is it a single LNB? Does the LNB have a DP on it. What receiver did you have reactivated?

A guess from the information posted is that you have a dish 300 aimed at only one satellite and it has a LEGACY LNB on it. LEGACY LNBs used voltage switching which could account for your only getting odd channels.

8. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    What channels were you looking to get on the 119 satellite? If you go to channel 160, 110 and 112, what do you get on the screen?