1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help? ONLY local RSN HD requires menu reset each access!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by denvermtnguy, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. denvermtnguy

denvermtnguy Mentor

Jan 23, 2007
    Can anyone assist me?

To get the local special HD broadcast of RSN (in Denver at channel 97), I always have to do a menu reset. Once I do a reset, the channel transmits fine. Without the menu reset, the banner info is there with a white screen (no DTV logo or audio). Very occasionally, it displays some old image with audio (again, a reset fixes it all nicely).

I have TWO separate HR20-100's & both require this! (Both connect by HDMI, 1 to a Sony XBR, the other to a Samsung)

I have a single transponder but showing a 96+ signal on the satellite 103b that I understand transmits the local RSN HD (channel 97).

NO problems with any other local (including HD local) and other HD channels.

Advanced tech support on the phone says "hmmmm," and scheduled a technician to come look.

Other friends in Denver don't have this problem. I live in mountains but clear view of sky and good signal strength.

Thanks!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.