1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help recordings not on hopper!!!!

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by jefte1, Oct 4, 2012.

1. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    My hopper just did a self reboot and when it came back on all my recorded programs were gone..can anyone help.I was just watching tv when it just froze up and rebooted on its own..when I went to dvr to watch something all my recordings were gone.

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    There have been a couple of reported incidents like this, unfortunately if a reboot didn't bring them back, your recordings are gone.

3. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    thanks for the reply just got off phone with a tech support in my are (sc) they are sending a tech out tom afternoon..my other hopper in my daughters room is fine and working just the one in the lr went out.

4. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I guess you aren't going to start cookin, cleanin, leavin, and jaggin.

5. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    Don't expect the tech to recover your recordings for you. I am one, and we don't have any special tools or anything. As garys said, if you perform a power cord reset and they still don't show, they're gone.

6. jefte1

jefte1 Cool Member

Feb 10, 2010
    South Carolina
    yeah i figured that.....it is now freezing up and shows a signal loss on screen... the one in the other room is fine.. no signal loss just the hopper in the living room...will do that when i go to switch channels..and now even tho it shows a channel being recorded on the guide the red light is not on the front of the hopper.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    perhaps your DVR is overheated ?

As to recover recordings ... well, it could be done, but if you own it, willing to learn Linux and XFS tool; then first action: stop using DVR, need turn it off, remove the drive and start working with it.