1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP! Which video game system should I get?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by Lord Vader, Oct 29, 2011.

Which video game console system should I buy?

1. XBox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Playstation 3

35 vote(s)
    53.0%
  3. Nintendo Wii

31 vote(s)
    47.0%
  1. Lord Vader

Lord Vader Supreme Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    OK, people of DBSTalk.com! Time to cast your vote! I want to see as many votes as we can muster here! Oh, and this is not Chicago, so you only get to vote once, and your dead relatives cannot vote, either.

Each game system has its own merits, so which one should I? One niece has the Wii. My other niece and her brother, my nephew, have the Wii and XBox 360, along with an old PS2 in storage.

Rather than just say what I'm looking for, I'll just leave it totally open and see what you experts think. I WILL say this much--I don't need one for anything but video gaming.

Have at it and vote and make any comments you want--recommendations, explanations, warnings, etc.--and if you're real nice, there just might be an Amazon gift certificate in it for someone. (Methinks the Vicodin is kicking in reeeaaalll strong right now. Man! I LOVE that stuff!) :eek2: :dozey:

2. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    Xbox

3. afulkerson

afulkerson MI Citizen Corps Vol of Year

Jan 14, 2007
    I did not vote because I have both a Wii and PS3.

I think it would depend on which video games that you like and which game system has the ones that you like.

You might even want to have all three. :) :money::lol::hurah:

4. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Don't Xbox and PS3 pretty much have the same games?

5. sigma1914

sigma1914 Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    The Wii is for kids games & stuff you'd play with guests occasionally.

PS3 or Xbox are a solid choice either way.

6. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Xbox all the way. By far the best gaming system with their cross game chat. Invites system. The largest active online community, and far less downtime than the PSN. Also, many day to day gaming tasks just feel simpler on Xbox than PS3. Such as reading invites and messages. On Xbox, you hit one button when a message is received. On PS3 you hit the PS button, scroll to messages, then inbox, then your message.
    Overall xbox and Xbox live is just a better experience.

Kevin

7. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Also the Xbox has many more exclusive games that are actually good. Such as gears of war.

8. kiknwing

kiknwing Godfather

Jun 24, 2009
    Ogden, UT
    Xbox

I wouldn't even have the wii as an option just because Xbox has kinect (haven't tried the ps3 move). IMO xbox has better exclusive titles (gears of war, halo) and the online experience is better on the 360.

9. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Xbox all the way.

10. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I have both an XBOX and a PS3 because they both have exclusive titles. Graphics quality is a wash, Netflix IMHO is better on the PS3, playstation network, although not as robust at times as the XBOX live is free, XBOX live is like $50 a year for on-line gaming.

I always recommend looking at game titles to see what platforms they are available for, it usually makes up your mind for you.

EXAMPLE: Gran Tourismo titles are PS exclusive, Forza titles are XBOX exclusive...hint: I'm a huge on-line race fanatic.

11. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Up until Forza 2, I gave the nod to GT. Forza 3 leapfrogged GT and Forza 4 has shot right the heck past it.

12. Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    It depends completely on what you want to do with it. The wii is fantastic if you're looking for something that the whole family can enjoy. I've got plenty of hours sitting around with my 7 and 3 year olds playing all sorts of wii games... and my wife uses it every morning to do her wii fit before the kids are up.

That said, if it's mostly you playing, on your own, you'll likely grow bored of the wii pretty quickly. I don't have a 360 or PS3, but I've used them both. I like them both - I've always been partial to the Playstation, though, myself.

13. naijai

naijai Hall Of Fame

Aug 19, 2006
    Xbox all the way
    I do have a PS3 for the Blu-ray but only 2 games as a constant gamer, the Xbox has never let me down also the additional features that it give for Media and entertainment make it easier for integration

14. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    The last gaming system I purchased was Coleco.

15. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    Damn! You ARE old! :p

16. Lord Vader

Sep 20, 2004
    Galactic Empire
    With all these Xbox recommendations here, I'm surprised PS3 is leading the poll results, albeit by 1 as of this writing.

17. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I had a 360, granted the hardware has changed a bit, but I switched to a PS3. The 360 was loud, and back then it didn't come with HDMI. I didn't like having to pay them for playing online. I honestly haven't missed any of the XBOX exclusives, Halo never did anything for me.

Plus the hardware of the PS3 was a bit more elegant. The power supply for the XBOX was one of the most ridiculously large boxes I've ever seen. I also liked that I could upgrade the PS3 hard drive with a standard drive, not something proprietary, and that it didn't use proprietary cables.

18. Devo1237

Devo1237 Legend

Apr 22, 2008
    Xbox. Especially since they're adding HBO Go next month. Every HBO show ever made at your fingertips (with HBO subscription).

Gaming wise, its practically the same as the ps3 although i've heard good things about the Kinect as well.

19. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    It depends, how old are your kids?

20. braven

braven Hall Of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    PS3 all the way. Blu-Ray!!!! Free online gaming!!!!