1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with 722 Remote

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by GatorDave, Aug 17, 2010.

1. GatorDave

GatorDave AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    I had to replace my 722 with a new one. I'm trying to get the old TV2 remote to control the new receiver. I tried doing what the manual says; holding SAT, entering a number other than what's in the TV2 address on info, #, record. That didn't work. What do I need to do?

2. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    Do you have the 'system info' screen up (press the menu button twice)? Did you attach the remote antenna? Are you waiting for the all the buttons to flash before entering the new remote number? If the sat button flashing 3 times before hitting the # button?

3. GatorDave

GatorDave AllStar

Aug 28, 2006
    Yes, I did all of that. I re-attached everything to the new receiver exactly the way it was on the old one. Info screen was up, did it by the book.

4. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Get to the Sys Info screen again, then press Record from the TV2 remote. That will set the replacement receiver to whatever address the old remote has.