1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with AOHELL

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by craig559, Dec 22, 2002.

1. craig559

craig559 Mentor

Aug 9, 2002
    Anyone know how to cancel Aol online. My free time is up 1-1-03 and the lady I talked to said it could be done online by using keyword "function", but I cannot find anyway of doing it. I really do not want to deal with the sales pitch and all, when ya call them, so any helpm will be appreciated.:(

2. Kevin

Kevin Icon/Supporter

Mar 26, 2002
    Keyword "Function" doesn't even exist. Looks like these AOL tech's are stooping to the level of Cablevision CSR's these days. :D

I went to Keyword "Billing" and found this piece of info that answers your question:

America Online offers a number of pricing options, and there may be another plan that might best suit your needs. If you would like to review other America Online pricing plans, some as low as $4.95 per month for three hours, please go to AOL Keyword: Billing and click on Price Plan or click here now.

However, if you wish to cancel your membership you may do so in one of three ways:

1. Call us at 888-265-8008 and one of our Member Services Representatives would be more than happy to assist you.

2. Mail your request to us at:

America Online
    Box 1600
    Ogden, UT 84401

3. Fax your request to us at 801-622-7969.

If you choose to mail or fax us your cancellation request, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number, America Online master screen name (the primary user name on your account) and the nature of your request.

Cancellation will take effect within 72 hours of receipt of your request, and America Online will send you written confirmation. If you cancel near the end of your billing period, you may be inadvertently charged for the next month's fee. In that event, contact AOL Billing at 888-265-8003 to have the charges reversed. No other refunds will be provided.

Please note that America Online reserves the right to collect fees, surcharges or costs incurred before your cancellation takes effect. Thank you for using America Online.

3. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Last time I had that situation was when I tried to cancel Compuserve (now part of AOL I see). In my most compact voice I repeated only the word "NO!" at everything they shot at me to keep me. I sounded like "No!, No!, No!, No!, No!" I wouldn't let them finish a sentence. Added a funny extra-deep voice to my "No!" after like 10 of them. think I said "No!" 25 times in a row to their different offerings.

4. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    I helped a friend cancel AOL. From what I learned their call center is in India. :eek: Just ask for their supervisor and that worked wonders. :D

5. craig559

craig559 Mentor

Aug 9, 2002
    Thanx for all the help, now here we go------You guys and gals have a great holiday

6. James_F

James_F Damn you woman! DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 23, 2002
    Good luck!!!!

7. craig559

craig559 Mentor

Aug 9, 2002
    Well I have tryed to fax my cancellation request since Monday. Even set up fax to retry over and over every 2 minute and low and behold get nothing but busy signals. Will keep on trying until last minute but looks like they conveniantly have the phone off the hook!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a sucky way of doing business.

8. MarkA

MarkA God Bless America! DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Why not just call them?

9. Geronimo

Geronimo Native American Potentate DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    He is trying to avoid that ZAc. But , in the end, it might be the bset bet.

10. Rick_EE

Rick_EE Godfather

Apr 5, 2002
    He said that he talked to a lady in the first post. :confused:

11. Bob Haller

Bob Haller Banned User

Mar 24, 2002
    Do call, and yes they have a big call center in India, I know the tech gyuy couldnt help me there and dumped me back into menu hell.

Expect klots of phone calls to get you back, a friend cancelled and they kept calling with offers of free months for him to return.

Curious what dont you like about AOL?

To me its fine but tech support sucks:(