1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with cancelling DirecTV

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by bobvick1983, Jun 2, 2009.

1. bobvick1983

bobvick1983 Godfather

Mar 21, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Hello,

I called DirecTV on Sunday 5/31 and cancelled my service because I changed to Dish Network on that day. They charged me $116 on that date for my monthly programming charge. I assume that this charge is for 5/31-6/30 which is the June billing? Therefore, they owe be back for 29 days of that period.

I have called 3 or 4 times and was told that my problem had been "escalated" to a higher level, but no one can tell me when or if the charges will be lifted.
    Additionally, I get varying reports on how long my commitment to them lasts. I originally signed up for service on 1/30/08 with 24 month commitment.

I activated a HR21-PRO which is owned on 3/19/09, some tell me that my commitment ends 1/30/10 and then some try to tell me that the owned HR21-PRO extended the contract to 3/19/11. I know that the owned receiver does not extended the commitment, and they agree with me and are supposed to notate the account, but when I call back to check, the CSR never seems to find the previous notation.

I have gotten the name and employee number of 3 or 4 different reps who have told me that the commitment ends 1/30/10 but the CSR that I speak with do not seem to care.

What I am doing wrong? Is there a higher level number to call?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

2. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    You can send an email to Ellen Filipak. She is the Senior VP of Customer Service. ellen.filipiak@directv.com

3. GirkMonster

GirkMonster Godfather

Mar 19, 2007
    You appear to have cancelled during you initial commitment period. That problem #1. Are you positive that the $116 isn't your early termination fee for your original activation and unrelated to your HR21 Pro?

4. bobvick1983

bobvick1983 Godfather

Mar 21, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Yes, I have viewed my bill online, so I am positive that the $116 is for programming, and fees.

Thanks alot for all of your help here

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The ETF should be around [strike] $200[/strike]$160 as there are about [strike]ten[/strike] eight months left on the commitment. I would expect a credit on your bill for the June charges and the ETF leaving you owing somewhere on the sunny side of $44.

Unless DIRECTV installed the HR21 Pro, I'd demand a detailed explanation regarding the extended commitment.

6. bobvick1983

bobvick1983 Godfather

Mar 21, 2007
    NW Alabama
    The HR21-PRO was purchased from valuelectronics.com I installed it myself. The way that I figure, and as I said in my original post, I figure that I have 7 or 8 months left which would be $140-160 I have had numerous reps to tell me this, but no one has gave me anything concrete.
    If I do not get any satisfaction today, I will send an E-Mail to the VP of Customer Service as was recommended earlier.

Thanks

7. lee78221

lee78221 Godfather

Sep 25, 2007
    I hate using email for these kinds of stuff. Calling is better:

Use this number: The number to DirecTV HQ is 13109645000, ask for Ellen Filipiak, Sr. Vice President Customer Care. You might get to talk to one of her reps but they're very helpful.

It has worked for me in the past when CSRs were no help.

8. bobvick1983

bobvick1983 Godfather

Mar 21, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thank you very much for the information that you provided. I do appreciate yours and everyones help here at this form.

Thanks again