1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Help with Dish 2001.2 and Vip211k

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by jerryroberts, Jun 16, 2013.

1. jerryroberts

jerryroberts New Member

Jun 16, 2013
    michigan
    Disregard Title Post, it's the 1000.2 dish and not the 2001.2.

I've switched from Direct Tv analog to Dish HD and having trouble with reception. I can't even get the slightest signal. I'm using a Vip211k and a Dish 1000.2. My goal is to run 3 TV's off the 1000.2 dish. I reset the receiver and ran a switch test. I set the skew to 129.3 degrees, elevation to 24.4 degrees and used an azimuth of 249.9 degrees. I'm located in Michigan. I covered up 119 and 129 lmbs with foil. I had no trouble with the Direct Tv analog dish and receiver but chopping at the bit with the HD setup. Can someone please help me?

Also, the setup menu isn't showing an option for the 1000.2, so i'm using the option for the 500 but with Dishpointer settings.

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    As far as I'm aware you should cover 110 and 129 and peak on 119.

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I agree with Rasputin, By using 119 you may be able to quickly limit your range. if you hit 129 you know not to go any farther in that direction, same by hitting 110 in the other direction. If you use 110 you have 119 to stop you in one direction but nothing in the other.

4. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    The numbers you shared are the default numbers for dishpointer.com (Broadway, NY). You need to make sure you place the green pointer on your house (the applet makes no attempt to guess where you live).

Once you get that ironed out, the process should be a whole lot easier.

Self-installing is overrated.