1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Help with HDMI OUT AND remote help please

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by EnemyOf1, Mar 28, 2014.

1. EnemyOf1

EnemyOf1 New Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Grass...
    Here's my problem. I have the receiver in my master bedroom. I had no where to really place it in the living room. I watch primarily in my LR. But since it's only got 1 HDMI OUT ON CH 1. I have to walk into the bedroom where the receiver is to change the channel. Is there a way to make the living room remote control Ch 1 via RF?

I'd also like to have HD IN MY BEDROOM. but with only one HDMI OUT from ch 1 is there an HDMI SWITCH that will split the HD Signal to two TV's?

Than if I want to watch something else or have company over I can switch the bedroom to the ch 2 RCA OUTPUT.

SO I want my living remote to control ch 1 w/ HDMI VIA RF and the bedroom remote to control ch 2 in my bedroom where the receiver is stationed to control via ir.

Make sense

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    First question is what receiver do you have?

3. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    Yea, question doesnt quite make sense. Based on the topic above, it looks like the recvr is a vip722. So question is, are you watching the reciever, essentially, backwards? With TV1 being in the living room and TV 2 (Standard def) in the bedroom? If your watching HD at both locations, which would really make more sense, then you would want the receiver in SINGLE mode, that way both remotes would control the same thing: HDMI out to the fam room, and use the COMPONENT video w/ AUDIO outputs to the bedroom......viola, HD in both rooms. Now if HD (Fam), SD (Bed) is what u want, then i guess it depends what kind of remote your using. If you've got the 21.0 IR/UHF remote, then take the 1 for TV 1 and push the TV1 label at the bottom out, turn it over an put it back in. This will turn the remote into UHF/IR.

4. shadough

shadough Icon

Dec 31, 2006
    IF your TV1 remote is IR only then obviously this wont work. Get yourself a new remote thats IR/UHF. You MAY be able to delete both remotes from memory on the recever an reprogramm the IR remote to use TV2, an subsequently the IR/UHF to be TV1 but not sure if that will work. Easier solution is just get a 2nd remote for TV1 thats IR/UHF.

Another solution might be to get 1 of those IR to UHF wireless reciever/transmitter units; Purchase a "Universal" remote w/ RF base station; but obviously the dish remote would be cheaper.