1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with HR20-100 or esata

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by sroh, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sroh

sroh Cool Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Hey guys,
    I have the 100, and a new WD 750GB esata drive, and a Kingwin enclosure.

Last week, I was hooked up to the external and had no issues. This past weekend, I switched over to the internal to watch the stuff I had recorded previously and had no issues. Last night, I switched back over to the external. It took several tries to recognize the external but finally did. This morning, I started to have issues with live tv not pausing or rewinding and when I tried to watch recorded shows, I got the black screen with the delete message.

To try to recreate and identify the issue, I've rebooted several times with both the internal and external. The problem is, they both seem to be working fine now. I did have a problem initially recognizing the external drive. It seems that the drive wasn't spinning when it was turned on. I could hear the fan but not the drive. Once the drive started to spin, I was able to see and watch the previous recordings again.

The problem might be the enclosure. To those with the Kingwin enclosure, does it have a light on the front of the enclosure, next to the on/off button? It looks like there is one, but mine has never turned on.

Do you have any other suggestions? I'm going out of town for a week starting on Thursday and would REALLY like to get this fixed before I leave.

TIA!

2. sroh

sroh Cool Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Ok, I just confirmed through newegg that the Kingwin enclosure does indeed have a blue LED that should light up. So I'm guessing (and hoping, since this will be the easiest fix) I need to replace the enclosure.

I will probably pick one up locally later today. Which big box stores do you recommend? Fry's, Best Buy, CompUSA, other? Any recs on which ones? I'd like one that can lay horizontally and has good heat management (a fan).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.