1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with local channels

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Olfenite, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olfenite

Olfenite New Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Hi everyone, I'm new here. Trying to get this local channels stuff figured out.

I live in Rowena, Texas, which is located in Runnels County. It is a small, rural farming community. Before I got Dish Network, I, and everyone else who lives in this area, watched local channels broadcasted out of San Angelo, TX, which is located in Tom Green County. It is just under 30 miles away. This is the city I live closest to and also where I do all my business, so I would like to have the news and programming from them.

I got Dish Network because I was hoping to be able to watch San Angelo programming. Because of the place my house was built, I would have to change the direction of a large outdoor tv antenna depending if I wanted to watch KIDY (FOX), KLST (CBS), or KSAN (NBC). So I was obviously thrilled that I would be able to stop this.

However, I receive the program feed from Sweetwater, Texas, in Nolan County. Sweetwater is over 70 miles away, and I never go there. I maybe been there once in my life.

The worst thing is that KTAB, the CBS from Sweetwater, is always cutting in and out. It is like the signal gets interrupted. It has cut out every day during the NCAA basketball tournement, and I have missed a few games because of it. I know this is not a problem for people who get the San Angelo CBS because I have a friend who lives in their area, and gets service.

I've called Dish Network about this, and the technician was really unfriendly. Said there is nothing I can do, but I'm hoping that someone has a work-around for my problem.

So, short of moving, what do I have to do to get San Angelo feeds? Can anybody help me?

Thank you.

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.