1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with tailgate setup please

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by adam3296, Sep 1, 2013.

1. adam3296

adam3296 New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Hey guys,

Everyone here seems like pretty smart folks when it comes to satellite setup so hopefully you guys can please help me out. I have Direct at home with an HD DVR boxing the living room and a H24-700 hooked up in the bedroom. On the roof, is a Slim dish and the whole thing is set up with a Swm system.

I decided I wanted to take the leap and set up a TV for tailgating this year. So I got an old 18 inch dish from a friend (18LNBR1-01) and I've tried hooking it up in the backyard to the H24 box with no success. The box is telling me it can't get a signal from the dish. I have tried using the SWM power inverter and I also bought a BBC. Neither of them has worked. What am I missing? Any guidance would be appreciated by this novice. Thanks.

2. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    First you dont need the BBC and/or the power supply. you need one cable from the round dish to the H24. you will then need to repeat satellite set up and specify 18 round dish as your dish type and "multiswitch" as your switch type. and of course you will need to aim the dish properly

Here are the steps to change the dish settings.

From the Menu

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to - select Parental, Favorites, Setup - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select System Set Up - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Satellite - press Select button

Using the Arrow buttons navigate to highlight - select Repeat Satellite Setup - press Select button
    Follow the on screen instructions and press the - Dash button

A new screen will be shown

Use the Arrow buttons navigate to Switch - then press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight 02 Multiswitch then press Select button

Use the Arrow buttons and highlight Dish Type - press the Select button

In the drop-down box use the Arrow buttons to highlight 01-18" round then press the Select button

Use the Arrow buttons to navigate to Continue until you can hight light - Watch DirectTV

3. adam3296

adam3296 New Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Thank you so much for the info. I will go try this out in the morning.

4. peds48

peds48 Genius. DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Keep us posted

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk