1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with tripple dish and off air amp antenna install

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ibooksrule, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibooksrule

ibooksrule Godfather

Feb 16, 2003
    i have a customer upgrading to a tripple lnb d* dish and they have an off air amplified wineguard omni directional antenna. the way theier system is wired now with thier standard 18" dish the 2 cable runs from the dish come down to the switch. the antenna cable runs down and into the garage into a preamp and then about a foot over is a amplifer and then runs back out and into the antenna input on the switch. then in the house they have no power passing diplexers splitting the antenna out from the satellite. my question is this. since the oval dish has a built in switch i wont need another switch so what would be the best way to wire the antenna in to that cable before it enters the house? also my experience when doing voom is that if we are running more then 2 receivers off the antenna we run the 2 cables out the lnb directly into the switch then we use a power inserter between the antenna and switch and run it into the ant port on the switch or we run all 3 into a dual combiner and then out of those the 2 cables come out and into the switch with a amp inside on the closest receiver to the antenna. if i lost you please let me know. or ideas would be great. i know that this house is a 2 story and the antenna is ontop of the chimeny so i assume there is quite a good run of cable by the time the antenna gets around to the switch. i know thar the way his current set up is he does not receive his local channels very well at all and cant get them at all on the 3rd tv only the bedroom and living room

2. ibooksrule

ibooksrule Godfather

Feb 16, 2003
    does anyone have any help for me on this? simply put how do i wire in a ota that is amplified with directv tripple dish when it allready has a switch built in i know how to do it if its a single lnb dish though so can someone help please thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.