1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Help with VIP622

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by phx1hab, Jan 4, 2013.

1. phx1hab

phx1hab New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    I moved my receiver across the room using the same cables but while connecting it I mistakenly got the coax cable switched from the input from the dish and the cable that runs to the other TV. When I powered up the system I had no signal and realized my mistake and switch the coax around. Now I don't have HD channels and only SD. I'm able to watch the HD channels I had recorded but nothing live. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    Probably need to run a check switch so you can see all the satellites again.

3. phx1hab

phx1hab New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    I ran a check switch and it took forever and came back with an error stating that my satellites have changed since last time.

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    You'll need troubleshoot F-connectors, cables, switch, LNBF, dish aiming ... ready ? Go for it !

5. phx1hab

phx1hab New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    Is there a link or something that can give me directions on how to check all this stuff?

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    experience my friend ... you could check Installers forum(s) here ... or use Search by the subject

7. phx1hab

phx1hab New Member

Jan 4, 2013
    So by getting the cables switched do you think it could have burned out something. I remember a burning smell after the fact.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    sure, it could ...
    if you did connect power of your DVR first, then touch by central conductor a ground shield ... or just got phase difference voltage between rooms ...

9. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    That might be correct if it saw no satellites before. What locations does it show? If you are in Arizona you are likely on western arc so you should see 110, 119 and 129.