1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by coolh202, Jul 18, 2010.

1. coolh202

coolh202 New Member

Jul 18, 2010
    I have 4 DVRs (HR22-24) and got the upgrade yesterday. 3 are seeing each other just fine but a HR22 is not. It does not show "multi room" in the system menu but just "name location". Have the ethernet installed, DECA, forced software update, etc. but no luck. He said I need a new box but I have to believe there is something else going on. Any ideas?

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Could be a bad DECA module. Try swapping it with another one.

3. coolh202

coolh202 New Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Didn't work. swapped and rebooted both. Thanks anyways.

4. 66stang351

66stang351 New Member

Aug 9, 2006
    Is the HR22 new? If so, did it get a software update when it was first connected? Some of the boxes still ship with non-national release software and may not support MRV out of the box. Check you software version in System Setup to make sure you have the national release software...currently 0x03DE.

5. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    All three lights on the DECA green?
    Is it pulling a valid IP address that is in the same range as the other receivers?

If yes, reboot the box, let it come up normally. After it has come up, either go online or call in and have the authorizations resent. It can take several minutes after the resend for the MRV service to kick in on the new box.

6. coolh202

coolh202 New Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Resend authorization worked great. thanks for the tip!!!