1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Help

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by LoweBoy, Feb 6, 2011.

1. LoweBoy

LoweBoy Legend

Sep 15, 2006
    They may be out there but I haven't found it. I am doing a self install and i have hit the bird but i am only getting the even number transponders. Any reason that I would be missing the odds?:confused:

I came inside and checked and i can get a few channels but not all are coming in due to the odds. My evens are in the 95+ range. All my odds are at 0. Any ideas of what may be going on?

I am using a Slimline 5 lnb into a Swim 16. I can see my boxes on the network and can watch from box to box.

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    What bird did you hit? What transponders? Why a SL5?

3. RobertE

RobertE DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 9, 2006
    Check your cable/fittings on the 13v line. If any of the braid is touching the center conductor, it will cause that problem.

4. LoweBoy

LoweBoy Legend

Sep 15, 2006
    I have hit 101, 119, 99c, 103ca & 103cb

Nothing on 110

i am getting signal on the evens (85~95) only, all 0's on the odds.

I haven't tried to tweak in better yet because i don't have any of the odds.

SL5, just what i had before and wanted to keep what i had.

5. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    As RobertE noted, the problem is on one (or both) of your 13V lines. Or possibly a bad multiswitch (not likely).

6. thewallfisher

thewallfisher AllStar

Jan 31, 2011
    As far as I can tell you probably have the dish pointed correctly so I wouldn't try to tweak it any more. The problem could be a few things. It could be the wire or the termination of the fittings, the SWM16 itself, or the settings on the receivers.

Are you upgrading the multiswitch or is it a brand new install? If these receivers were active on a different switch try resetting the receivers and redoing the sat setup.

If you explain your connections from the LNB all the way to the receivers I might be able to help a little more.

7. LoweBoy

LoweBoy Legend

Sep 15, 2006
    Ok I ended up finding a shield wire that was touching in one of my fittings. One I removed the whisker from the center conductor it worked like a champ. Thanks for all the help and ideas.

You guys are a big help.

Thanks all.