1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by TheMichShow, Mar 10, 2013.

1. TheMichShow

TheMichShow New Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Received the upgrade offer to bigger and better and of course to revamp the whole home network. My direct tv box in the living room works great, connects to the internet, all of the works, and of course when I check the advanced settings it provides a legitimate IP address. My bedroom box of course does not want to connect to the internet. I am NOT on a wireless network. Instead, my living room box is connected directly into the router via ethernet cord, and the bed room has some kind of adapter box that is creating a network. This light is blinking and appears to be receiving power, however, when I request to connect the internet, it wont. My Whole Home option does not recognize the receiver nor does it provide a legitimate IP address. Direct TV is sending a tech soon...but literally sent a tech yesterday so it could up to a month before it is fixed. Is there anything I can do...I really feel like it is just setting that could be changed?

-Forever Without a Shared Network

2. bigtom

bigtom Legend

Jan 23, 2009
    Can you advise of the receiver models for both rooms please?

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    So far all we know is the bedroom receiver can't find another device on the coax network.
    If the living room receiver is a HR24, by connecting the ethernet, you've disabled its coax networking.

4. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    As has been stated model numbers are needed.

Also, when you say the living room is connected via ethernet is it a CAT5 plugged right into the ethernet port on the box or is it a wired Cinema Connection Kit.

5. mattgwyther

mattgwyther Member

May 22, 2007
    Also, correct me if I'm wrong VOS, the only Directv box capable of acting as the DECA bridge is the Genie. He would need a Genie or a separate "Cinema Connect Kit" for the remote receiver to see the Internet.

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    That's right.

Without any information, there is little help anyone can give here to the OP.

7. RACJ2

RACJ2 Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2008
    I guess The Mich Show had a very brief run and might have been cancelled.

8. HarleyD

HarleyD Hall Of Fame

Aug 31, 2006
    I'm guessing he solved his own problem and has moved on.

It takes a special kind of crazy to be a regular here.

"One of us. One of us. Gooble-gobble."

[​IMG]